Chapter Five

This chapter is like heckin GINORMOUS
More than 5k words, so read it when you have some time ;)

It was now 2 hours past noon... meaning time for afternoon tea... meaning time to talk to Ciel...
Ohhhhh boyy..

I looked down at the new dress I had changed into. (Sebastian got me another one, (again) to which I was adamant against.)
.
"I...." I heavily breathed out everything in my chest and fell back to sit down on my bed.
"I'm not ready for this..." I mumbled as I looked back up. I made eye contact with my reflection in the standing mirror and sighed again.
‌​

Chapter Five: What Does It Take To Convince Someone?
‌‌​

•Time: 2:09pm - Place: The Phantomhive Manor, the gardens - Date: August 30th, 1888•

"Ah, you're here..." Ciel made eye contact with me and quickly lost his words. I nodded over at Sebastian awkwardly, quietly saying my thanks for guiding me to Ciel.
"Lovely dress. It suits you." He remarked as he looked away from me to go for another sip of his tea. Sebastian got me a light blue dress, similar to the color of the sky. He also got me a matching hair pin which held my hair back and in place.

"Thank... you." I caught myself from saying thanks, and instead said thank you. I slipped into the open seat across from Ciel, and adjusted my skirt over my knees.

"So," Ciel started, "Explain to me again everything you know."

"Aaabout me, or what happened to me..?" I slowly asked him as I watched him try to figure out which small sweet treat on a trile teir tray to eat with his tea.

"What happened to you, obviously." He didn't even bother to look at me so I sighed out and leaned back in my seat, looking away at the flower bushes all around us.

"I left my house to go to the store to buy a beauty product to hide a... mmm — well a tattoo." I crossed my arms as I realxed a bit.
"My parents would be absolutely furious if they saw me with a tattoo, and I don't even remember getting it myself — so I wanted to cover it up too." Ciel hummed and then I heard him take a sip of his tea. Then I heard the sounds of scribbles. I looked over and saw him with a small journal and a crudely whittled down wooden pencil.

"...—I'm not apart of any group or have any affiliations with certain people, so my tattoo isn't related to my 'branding' or 'marking', or even identification." I said after realizing that tattoos back in these times had meanings, and weren't necessarily used as a form of expression or seen as art. Not here in this corner of the world at least.

"Mm. Then what is your tattoo for?" I looked back at Ciel and he looked up at me.
Should I...? Now's a good a time as ever...

"......." I stayed quiet for a little longer, racking my brain on all the possible outcomes if I told him right now.
"I... haaa....." I sat up and fowards, fixing my dress as I did so.
.
"I believe it let's me travel from my..." I thought about what I already told Sebastian before.
I tried to be vague with him — so he wouldn't pick up on any lies — but I also didn't tell him the whole truth.
He thought I was a time traveler, when really I'm probably hopping dimensions or realities... well... guess I gotta keep up the lie then....
.
"It let's me travel from my time to yours." Ciel froze. He blinked a few times and furrowed his eyebrows together before looking at me again. He slowly set his cup down.

"What —"

"I'm a time traveler, Ciel. I come from the 21st century." He sat still for a moment before leaning back, still keeping eye contact with me.

"Are you... playing a joke on me?" He laughed weakly as a short, angry, and confused smile faded onto his face.

"No. Absolutely not. That'd be a poor joke." I said seriously as I continued to hold eye contact with him.