twenty nine

[ Hey! So just a heads up this will probably be the last week of somewhat constant/consistent updates from me because I move into college this weekend and start my freshman year of classes soon! So, with that being said, after this week, please be patient with me! I will be trying my best to keep updating as much as possible! If anyone ever just wants to talk or whatnot, my messages are always open and I'll always respond! Thank you everyone for your support! ]

Now that everyone knew, they were stepping around her and babying her. It was annoying, but it was nice to feel like she was not alone. She had not talked to any of her friends in the past week since the whole situation occurred, and she really had no intention to. Jenna, Daniel, and Trevor did not do anything wrong, but they could have known and not told her. It would be too hard to have the same friends now, and she did not want to be in the middle of it all anymore.

She was slowly getting herself back on track, and playing the game she knew how to play. It was the only thing she knew how to do right now. Luckily, they had an away game this weekend and she would be able to get out of Florida for a few days. Alex and she were packed and ready to go, getting a ride with Marc since they all lived by one another. It was a talkative car ride, Alex being captain of the team and Casey a part of the management as a part of her college courses.

"So Casey, what's been goin' on with you?" Marc asked as they got closer to the airport. It went silent in the car, Alex and Casey looking at one another then up to the front seat where Marc was driving. "I know everyone else knows, and you've been acting different."

"Just some personal things I'd rather not get into." Casey answered, and Marc did not pry anymore.

"Alright, well, whatever it is, I hope it all gets resolved." He said sympathetically, and Casey gave a smile.

"Thanks." She said, and she looked to Alex to see if she could change the subject at all.

"So what's the game plan after we land in DC?" Alex asked, and she mouthed a thank you to her. Marc then went on to let them know that they would have the evening off, training tomorrow and Friday morning and evening, then they had their game against the Washington Spirit on Saturday. They boarded the plane two hours later at landed in Virginia that afternoon around two.

"You know, we should get together with Ali and Ashlyn." Alex suggested when they were boarding their charter bus to go to the hotel.

"I'm down." She agreed as they sat in their seats, Alex and Casey sitting across the aisle from one another.

"I'll give Ali a call, maybe you could set up some early dinner reservations?" She asked, and Casey was on it. They wanted something classy but not too expensive, and she found the Red Hen, a classy Italian restaurant that was not too expensive. They arrived at the hotel twenty minutes later and the two of them went up to their hotel room, having been roommates since the first away trip she joined the team.

"Alright, Ali said they can pick us up around three-thirty, gives us some time to get refreshed." Alex informed as Casey plopped onto her bed.

"Okay, I made the reservation for four, so that should be good timing." She responded, plugging her phone in to let it get up to a full charge before they went out for the evening.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower then change. Did you bring anything nice to wear?" She asked.

"The nicest thing I brought was my best sweatshirt and jeans." Casey answered.

"Casey you're impossible!" She groaned, almost yelled, as she went into the bathroom. Casey just chuckled as she looked through the backpack she packed. She never packed more than what she needed, and that included never packing anything nice to wear unless instructed to by the coaching staff. Usually, that was for any type of team bonding they did, a very nice dinner somewhere classy.