epilogue

"Are you ready for this?" Alex asked as they finished up their final touches behind the scenes. It was November twenty-second, the day that they had all been waiting for since the wedding invitations had gone out just after the US Women's National Team won their gold medal in Paris.

"Yeah, I am." Casey said with the biggest smile on her face. Ever since she had returned home, it had been nonstop wedding planning. Alex had helped her and Alessio, but they had it all figured out down to a fine point. Once she announced her engagement to the team during their celebratory night of drinking and partying after winning their gold medal, news spread like wildfire and they had been in and out of the media. She hated being in the public eye, but what did she expect?

Casey was ready for her big day. Her hair was curled and pinned back with some bobby pins and her veil was pinned into that. Her dress was simple yet gorgeous - a v-neck lace, sleeveless top that was backless, which went into a pure satin skirt. Alex had helped her find the right one, and Casey looked ravishing.

Their ceremony was being held in a cathedral just outside of Orlando out of the public eye, and although neither one of them were very religious, it felt right to have the ceremony in God's house. They made sure to have reserved seating for her parents at the front of the pews, that way they still had a big part of her special day. Their reception was originally going to be held at the bar since it would have been extremely cheap and it was a part of their family, but they had opted out, for there was not enough space and too little lighting for what they wanted. Instead they were having it at a rustic barn away from the city, almost in the middle of nowhere, but the decor was breathtaking. The barn itself was where they would be serving dinner and cake and whatnot, but the large dance platform was just outside with lights strung up all around.

The music began playing from the organ, and they knew it was showtime. Alex gave her the tightest hug as she lined up with Servando, who Alessio had chosen to be his best man. Ever since Alessio had moved to Orlando, the two of them clicked and had become best friends, and it was like a long lost brotherhood that had been unravelled. Of course no one could beat the friendship between Casey and Alex, but they were a close second. Ali, Ashlyn, and Kelley were the other three women that were joining Alex in her side of the bridal party, and Alessio included his friends Henry, Felix, and Matt, who he had met out of the blue at a Magic game some years ago, and they all clicked instantly. They had been four complete strangers that ended up sitting next to one another, and the rest was history.

After some deliberation, Casey had decided she was going to give herself away at her wedding. She had no close male figures in her life besides her father, and she also did not feel right about anyone else giving her away. He was there in spirit, and she knew that, so she walked down the aisle alone. When Alessio saw her for the first time, she watched his eyes water with tears. She gave a small smile as she walked down the aisle. She could tell Alex was geeking out for her, for when she finally got up to the altar, her eyes were wide with excitement as she handed her her bouquet.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful." Alessio said when he took her hands in his, and she smiled.

"As do you." She responded with a big smile. They both stood in attention as the priest went through his readings and blessings for them. Casey and Alessio went through their vows to one another, which had them in almost tears. The priest went through the official statements of the marriage ceremony, and they were finally able to say 'I do' to one another.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest finally said, and they both smiled, locking their lips with one another. Casey had butterflies fluttering in her stomach, and a few moments later they split apart, looking to the mass of people who were cheering for them. Alessio pulled her into him and smiled, getting close to her ear.

"I love you, Sunshine."

--

And that's all she wrote! Thank you all so much for supporting this book and not giving up on me during the duration of it all. I cannot thank you enough for your support, and I know the ending of this was abrupt, but it was time and I felt it was a perfect place to write Casey's happy ending.

Make sure to look out for other works created by yours truly. I have other completed works as well as a new book titled CHIRURGO, which is updated every Monday. I will promise you that a new soccer-based work is not too far behind this one, but for now, thank you.

 - Jess