first day on the job

word count;1348 [slight repetition]_Loud sirens blasted at my roommates and I as we awoke from our slumber

_
Loud sirens blasted at my roommates and I as we awoke from our slumber. Once it stopped, Alastair greeted us with a message through the speaker.

"I hope you girls had a long night rest because today is your first day on the job. Please, do what you need and assemble at the ground floor's lounge."

Before anyone could get up from their beds, I asked,
"Do you guys wanna play 21 questions after getting ready?"
A raven haired girl looked at me in disbelief and snapped,

"21 questions? 21 mother fucking questions?!
I am stuck here with people who I'm not familiar with. Yesterday, I've been told that I'm supposed to do somebody else's dirty work for them and I can't do anything about it. So sure, let's play 21 questions."

Poor girl, if only she knew what she's supposed to do to get out of this mess.
With pity, I went up to her and gave her a tight hug. Her tears showered my shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. We're all in this together, you're not the only one who's scared. I'm pretty sure the rest of us are. The only way for us to get through this is by being a team, starting with getting to know each other," I reassured loud enough for the other two girls to hear.

I felt her nod and lift her head from my shoulder.She wiped her tears and replied,

"You're right, you're right. I'm sorry, i'm just so overwhelmed by all of this. I don't think we have enough time for 21 questions after this, maybe after our shifts at this so called job we have.By the way, my name's Kalani."

She offered her hand for me to shake. I grabbed it and pulled her to a hug.

"Sorry, I'm a hugger. My name's Katherine,"
I nodded my head to the other two girls signaling them to introduce themselves.

"I'm Lydia," the girl with brown hair said.
"Madeleine," a red haired followed up.

"C'mon, let's hurry up and get going with our business," I told them as I started walking to the bathroom.
Well there's only one bathroom and I, happened to be the lucky one
____________________________________

I made my way down to the lounge and noticed that I was one of the first few who arrived early.

Guess the other girls take quite the time.

Since there was nothing better to do, I made my way to a group of 3 girls talking.

"Hi, my name's Katherine," I introduced while reaching out my hand. One by one they reciprocated.
"Danielle"
"Grace"
"Clementine"
I nodded my head and made my way to an arm sofa chair and sat down.

So I've got 3 days till it's friday, I'll have time to inform Benedict about this whole thing. Knowing the strict security, I'll definitely be caught if I were to meet with the whole corp. Surely they wouldn't think much of a girl and a guy going out for coffee.