Forgiveness (Beomgyu)

About: Beomgyu regrets breaking up with you. He writes a letter to make up for it.
Includes: Angst
Trigger Warnings: This is freaking sad
[Requested Imagine?]

***
Beomgyu was tired. Tired of fighting with the one he loved. He had so many things to say to Y/n that he decided it would be best to write an apology in letter form. He just came home from a short trip to a bookstore, where he bought stationary just to write the letter. He grabbed a pen and kneeled in front of a coffee table and started writing.

Dear Y/n, I don't really write letters often so please forgive me if I didn't do this right.
I'd also like for you to forgive me on something else. A month ago, we had a fight. I was full of anger and I kept taking things out on you, which you absolutely don't deserve. I'm so, so, sorry that I even thought I had good reasons to say such things to you. You truly deserve a better person than me. But I'm amazed you tried to put up with me anyway. Because, as you said, you love me. And I love you too, Y/n. But I should've said that before you left me. I wish I could reverse time just so that I can make things right. I wish you knew how much I love you and how happy I was when you were with me. When I could still hold you and hug you. And kiss you.
When you were still mine.
Now, I know that it's too late and it's impossible to bring you back to me. And I miss you every single day since you've left me. But it makes me even more sad that you're probably happier at where you are right now because I'm not there. I hope that's not the reason, but I do hope that you are indeed happier now. I can try to move on, I know that's what you want. But before I do that, I just hope for one thing. Aside from you being happy without me, I hope you'll forgive me. I hope I could see you again one day and maybe, if I'm really lucky, you'll tell me that you still love me.

Love, Beomgyu.

A tear landed on the paper, Beomgyu quickly dried his eyes as to avoid more tears from coming that could ruin the letter.  He heard a gentle knock on the door and he saw Soobin.
"Hey, are you ready to see her?"

Beomgyu slid the letter into the envelope, "Yeah, let me just finish this."

"She'll love it." Soobin indicated to the letter.

"I know." A sad smile formed on Beomgyu's lips. He turned to Soobin, "Can we please stop by a flower shop?"

"Sure." 

TIME SKIP

With a bouquet of Y/n's favorite flowers and a letter at hand, Beomgyu mentally prepared himself. But he was shaking. He could not take a step forward.

"What's wrong?" Soobin asked, placing a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder.

His eyes formed tears once again as he gulped, "I can't do it."

"Yes, you can." He encouraged poor Beomgyu, "Just take a step forward. No one's rushing you. Just take a deep breath, if you want to."

Beomgyu inhaled and then exhaled deeply as Soobin instructed. His voice stated a shaky, "Okay, I'm ready." and he took a step closer to her. He kneeled on the ground and gently placed the flowers on the grave. And placed the letter right next to it. He didn't get up right away. He took the moment as an  opportunity to silently cry. Soobin quietly watched his heartbroken friend, sneakily drying his own little tears for he, too, knew Y/n personally.

Beomgyu's mind ran down memory lane as he recalled the events that lead to Y/n's death. From a stressed out Beomgyu who took out his anger on his sweet, naive girlfriend and the next thing he knew, he watched her die in a hospital room after an unavoidable car accident.

Beomgyu's croaky voice broke the silence, "I wish you were still mine..." He said to the gravestone.