God of Darkness

*Rumble Rumble Rumble* The sound of carriage wheels on uneven terrain could be heard from inside. Bell's conscience slowly filled his body and his senses started to scan his surroundings. 'Everything's dark, am I  dead? I have to be no one could survive that, why can't I open my eyes, who's that talking?' His mind raced as warmth seeped back into his veins. Unable to see or move he started to focus on the conversation that was happening near him "Hey Silvy how ..... until ................... we've been in this thing ...... a week." Bell couldn't completely follow the conversation, he was fading in and out of consciousness. "Stop ............. Draco it's just ................. days travel. We ............. bare with the ........
of carriage because Bell ............ rest his body." Bell was slowly understanding his situation, he wasn't dead and as much as he wondered how he needed to get up and find out what was happening. With all the strength he could muster he tried to move but his body was unresponsive, though his attempt didn't go unnoticed. "Oh, Are you awake? You shouldn't try to move right now go back to sleep." He heard a feminine voice say, he then felt a gentle touch on his head that guided him back into slumber. The next time Bell woke he found himself in a large room laying on an all white bed, now able to move his body he slowly sat up and examined the room. It was a simple room at best wood floors and a desk decorating the room but nothing else, the walls were a pale grey and the room had two windows. As Bell took in his surroundings he heard the creak of the door and turned to meet the person entering. The person who entered was an elf girl around her late teens, her ears were smaller then normal elves implying that she was a half elf. She had light blue hair in a bun, dark blue eyes with circle glasses that seemed far to big for her eyes. The girl wore a green short sleeve top the was frilled on the sleeves and bottom with a noticeable silver necklace dangling down along with brown pants and combat boots.
"Sorry for my intrusion I didn't know you were awake. I have some clean clothes for you, your old pair were trashed so I hope this fits" the girl said as she set the clothes on a dresser. Bell realizing what she said he looked down and saw his chest was bare and coverd in bandages, luckily the blanket was still covering his lower half. "Umm thank you ... where am I and who are you?" The girl that was turning to leave stopped and looked at him " sorry for my rudeness, im May and you're currently in the base of our familia. It's been two weeks since you're 'death' and during that time our familia has been caring for you here." She said air quoting 'death' as she said it, bell took this information in and was about to speak but May beat him there "any other questions you might have will be answered by our god. Get dressed and I'll meet you outside you're room to escort you to him" she said with a gentle smile on her face. Bell nodded as she turned to leave and watched her exit the room, with that he got out of the bed and put on his new clothes. His new outfit was a red tee shirt with black combat pants and boots, not too different from his last outfit. Now all dressed he looked himself over once more before heading for the door, on the other side he was met with a hallway. Dark stones made up the walls and wood on the floors and ceiling "are you ready?" May asked in a kind and patient tone, Bell nodded and they set off through the long hallway. The two walked in silence as Bell took in his surroundings the building they were in wasn't super big  but had lots of rooms 'sleeping quarters?' He thought to himself as they walked. They were soon outside and he could get a better look at where they were, they just left a dark brick building that was in the lower left of a compound. The compound had two distinct buildings the sleeping quarters in the lower left and what Bell assumed the main base that took up the whole top third of the walled off space. Bell could also see foriegn trees peaking out from outside the walls, the ammount of trees surrounding the compound meant this was situated in a forest. Where Bell and May came out put them in a large garden that was in the lower right side of the area. May guided Bell around the garden for a bit stopping to talk about certain plants and introducing her familia members to the boy soon leaving the garden coming out facing the main bace. As they made their way towards the large castle like base Bell could see to the left several people training in a large space that was between the main base and the sleeping quarters. Bell could see people of obvious varying levels sparring against each other, without Bell's falna anyone higher then level two were just blurs. That being said even the people fighting around level one were showing off skill and technique (with their respective choice of fighting) that could rival first class adventures back in Oario. Bell stood in awe at the display of skill as two level ones parried, shoulder bashed and quickly jabed to get the advantage on the other. Bell was taken out of his trance when a soft tug of his shirt directed his attention to May who was pointing at the main castle. While walking Bell couldn't help but think it odd at how little members were in the compound, if there were level 3's here that meant that this was a powerful familia outside of Oario which meant that there had to be large sums of people that try to join, and yet counting the people in the garden and training grounds there was only a handful of people here. "Is most of your familia out by chance?" Bell asked May hoping for her to clear his confusion "No most of them are here actually, they wanted to see the new guy from Oario" she said with a giggle. "Why'd you ask?"

"There's just ... I mean ... there's not a lot of people here for a familia that seems this powerful" Bell said flustered.

"Hmm ... I see what you mean. Lets just say our god has strict rules with who gets in." She said as she wagged her finger and attempted to make stern face,Bell dryly laughed and scratched his head. The duo were now at the gates of the main fortress and they made their way inside, to the surprise of the rabbit what looked like a cold bleak castle from the outside was overwhelmingly regal on the inside with red carpets, golden frames to hold magic lamps and large couches that looked as if they felt like clouds. May leaded him through the main corridor that led through the middle until they came across a large door,"stay here" she gestured for Bell to wait where he was as she walked up and pushed open the door a gust of wind forced him to close his eyes. May motioned for Bell to follow as she entered the room once inside Bell's eyes quickly darted to an aged man that stood a top a throne undoubtedly the god of the familia to his right was a black knight that looked straight out of the fairy tales he read as a kid. The Knight was enormous standing over 7'0" tall, he was covered head to toe in thick plates of armor that lacked any shine giving it an ominous look, there was a battered red cape that hung from his back to just before his knees. The knight wielded a massive shield with two large spikes at the top and thanks to his size it made it seem like he was carrying a metal wall. Along with his massive double edged greatsword that rested on floor blade facing downward, the end of the handle was at his chest. The sword had a black gaurd, handle, and pommel along with the inner blade being the same color while the actual blade was a blood red. Finally Bell scanned back up to get a better look at his helmet, It was a traditional knight helmet covering his whole face with holes around his mouth for air but what caught Bell's attention was the design on the top of his helmet, it looked like metal ribs protruded out of the front and sides of the helmet to form what looked like a crown. Before Bell could stare any longer he turned to the man that he believed to be devine and said "im sorry for the trouble thank you for looking after me" he said stuttering several times while he spoke and bowing his head. The Knight and god both sat in silence before the god spoke up "there is no need for you to bow your head child" A chilling and deep voice came from the old man he then said "your death seemed premature so we decided to step in, a hero cannot grow if they're dead." Bell looked at the man in awe and asked him the questions that have been swirling since he woke up "How am I alive, where am I and why did you save me?" He asked desperation clear in his voice. "You were resurrected by the man who did the same for your monster freind and why we saved you is because your gift could change this world for the better I can hear the wind pleading for a hero to arise from what once was" The man said as he studied the features of the boy he then opened his mouth again to answer the question he first skipped over. "As for where you are ... you are at the home of my familia far from Oario, as long as you choose to stay with us we can guarantee a roof over your head, warm food and training to best yourself weather it be in the training grounds or during a mission."

"If that's true then who are you and what kind of familia is this, what do you do in these 'missions'"

"I am Erebus the god of this familia and the missions my children go on very, the main things we deal with are monsters, corrupt familias or governments, The criminal underground and anomalies"

The anomalies part got Bell's attention but he forced himself to look over all the information he was given and decided that these guys seemed to fight for a good cause."Why do you guys take on the task of these missions, what's your end goal" the rabbit asked the odd situation had him feeling disconnected from his regular self. "We fight so people don't have to live in fear, so everyone has equal chance to experience the beauty of being alive. We do what others cannot and help those who can't help themselves, our familia mostly works from the shadows and complete our missions with unmatched efficiency. Our tactics may question your morals from time to time but our cause is just." This time the knight spoke the power in his voice seemed to shake the room even without him raising it. Bell looked over the towering giant and nodded, the knights words came from his righteous will and it swayed Bell to make his decision. When he heard the knight words memories of his old freinds and unfinished promises filled his mind the faces of the xenos came to mind. With the strength of this familia he might be able to one day go back and rebuild the bonds that were severd and finish what he started at the hidden village, He made his decision. Bell looked up at the god on top of the throne and dropped to one knee "Lord Erebus may I join your familia and support your cause with all of the strength I have in my body"

Authors note:
Sorry for the lack of action I've been trying to keep a good balance but I didn't get to any this chapter the next one should have a lot though!