IN THE DARK

RK900 X OC

A/N: Be kind...this is my first Oneshot ever. RK900 is always portrayed as stern, cold, or even cruel but I wanted to show a different side of him.
In this Oneshot your name is Emily Reed the younger sister of Gavin Reed, who you currently live with. RK900 will be called Hunter.

_______________________________________

Third Person POV

The hot water from the shower soothed her tired muscles and stressed mind after a trying day of school. Emily planned to watch a little TV after she finished washing away the day before finally settling in for bed grateful for the empty house. Gavin was away helping another city with a case that began in Detroit leaving his partner Hunter, the RK900, staying at the DPD until his return. Emily didn't mind the Android always being around, but living with two men made it difficult to have any female quiet time so she could relax comfortably. In truth, Hunter and her had become very good friends over the previous several months.

Just as Emily rinsed the conditioner out of her hair a loud knock echoed through the house. She paused uncertain if she was hearing things or not. When the knock occurred again, this time much louder and forceful, she groaned turning the water off and wrapping her towel snug around her body. She marched toward the door jerking it open prepared to snap at whoever was on the otherside.

"E-emily."

She stopped instantly eyes widening with a gasp as she took in the sight of the person before her. Blue blood leaked slowly from two black damaged eyes their LED flashing red.

Before she could say anything the RK900 stumbled into the house causing her to reach out grabbing his biceps to steady him. "Oh my God! Hunter what happened!?" She realized he was shaking which made her chest tighten. Emily led Hunter to the couch gently making him sit.

"A s-suspect tased me in the e-eyes," he stuttered his LED continuing to flash, "I-I can't see Em." Once she was sure he wasn't going to fall over she removed her hands from his arms moving around the couch toward the bathroom to get something to clean the Thirium off his face.

Hunter cried out instantly terror lacing his words, "E-emily?! Emily please! I-I'm scared."

She flinched her heart breaking at the sound. Hunter never really showed emotions let alone fear. "Its okay Hunter," she tried to soothe him, "I need something to clean the Thirium off, okay? I'm not leaving you." His LED began to flash faster, but he nodded.

In the bathroom she hurriedly dressed using her phone to call Hank.

"What?" He snapped.

"Hank I need you to do me a huge favor. Hunter showed up at my house both his eyes damaged. I need you to get replacements before he stresses himself out and self destructs," she rushed grabbing a clean soft towel from the cabinet.

"He's with you," Hank sounded relieved, "I'll send Connor over immediately with them."

Right before the call ended Emily could hear Hank yell to his Captain that Hunter was safe. Hurrying back out to the hurt Android she sat beside him gingerly as not to startle him. "Hunter," she asked softly laying a gentle calming hand over his large shaking one, "Connor is on his way so we can fix your eyes okay?"

His head snapped to where her voice came from clear liquid now mixing with the vivid blue blood. She couldn't stand seeing his so scared. "Hold still, I don't wanna hurt you," she instructed, swallowing the lump in her throat, placing the hand once covering his on his cheek as she used the towel to gently clean the blue liquid from his face and neck.

As Emily finished cleaning his face Hunter's body continued to shake both with fear and withheld sobs. Setting the towel aside she moved away from Hunter slightly guiding him to lay down, his head in her lap where she started running her slender fingers through his hair, like she did her brother, to calm him.

He wrapped his hand around the one Emily had resting on his chest holding it tightly. They stayed like that for a long time Hunter's LED eventually turning yellow.

A knock at the door startled them both as the door opened and closed as Connor walked through it. Hunter remained tense until she whispered, "It's Connor. It's okay." He sat down beside them concern etched on his face as he scanned his brother. Emily slid out from under Hunter taking the replacement parts from the RK800.

Kneeling next to his head she instructed, "I have to shut you down for a little while so your system is not stressed any further while I replace your eyes, Hunter." She squeezed his shoulder reassuringly as he nodded not trusting his voice. She fiddled with his LED for a moment until he shut down his LED fading to a faint blue.

Time Skip

Hunter woke up slowly his eyes fluttering as he took in the familiar surroundings of the Reed household relief flooding his system. He sat up slowly at the sound of soft snores from above his head. He smiled slightly seeing Emily asleep head resting on her arms. He observed her for a moment: the peaceful expression on her face and the frizzy mess of her still damp hair. He reached out gently smoothing brown hair from her forehead.

His chest tightened thinking about how much he would have dearly missed seeing her gold-green eyes, the opposite of Gavin's, and her bright smile. They always lit up his dreariest days. It dawned on him then just how much he cared about Emily. "Hunter," she called voice still thick with sleep. He realized then that she had woken up and to him staring nonetheless. He felt thirium flood his face making it a light blue.

Emily sat up stretching a relieved smile adorning her face. "How do you feel?"

"I can see everything again," he replied certainly, "More than I did before." Before she had a chance to reply he dipped his head pressing his synthetic lips to her warm sweet ones.

When they parted both of them blushed deeply. Emily chuckled, "Gavin is so gonna murder you."