Chapter Two

Amora sat in her desk dreading the lunch break. Being imprisoned to her chair gave her much needed time to think. Every thought led back to Theo's blazing eyes, though. She couldn't help but think he had something to do with Josh's broken wrists.

It was just her damn luck to be stuck in one classroom for the entire morning of her class schedule. Her first two periods had been filled with her trying to find a reasonable explanation for what happened. 

Third period had brought Theo, Josh, and Lisa into the classroom.

Josh had spent his morning getting his wrists put into casts. Theo had taken the time to shift and go for a run.

He couldn't believe he had lost control. And over a girl. 

Amora was sat as far as humanly possible from Theo. She knew he had done it on purpose. 

Rolling her eyes, she watched the clock as she ticked her pencil repeatedly on the desk, unknowing that her actions were causing severe irritation. 

Screw him, she thought. He always acted like he was better than everyone else. 

A small gasp escaped her lips as her pencil flew out of her hand and hit the floor. She automatically turned in her seat, mouth wide and eyes accusingly searching for Theo.

But he sat with his back to her, talking to one of the very few people in this school that could approach Theo without getting their head bit off. 

Her eyes narrowed. 

Amora couldn't understand how she felt, but she trusted her gut when it told her Theo was different

Her grandmother had told her many stories that she mostly considered fairy tale. No matter how much gran insisted they weren't made up tell tales to scare her into behaving, Amora would end up waving her off. 

But now, she found herself believing in the possibilities to everything being true. 

"Asshole," she muttered under her breath while still staring at the back of his head.

His shoulder's tensed and his buddy laughed loudly at whatever they were talking about. Amora took a moment to collect herself. No one at this school mattered, and yet here she was, allowing a boy to eat at her. 

She didn't care. She couldn't. 

"Who?" Lisa turned around and whispered eagerly to her friend.

Amora turned back around in her seat and fought off the glare she wanted to give her.

"No one, I was just thinking about Josh earlier." 

Both girls pivoted to look at the jock. His arms stationed on the desk as he glared at his paper. 

"I kind of feel bad for him," Lisa admitted. 

Amora snorted. 

"Maybe you can play 'Nurse Lisa'," she teased.

Lisa looked at her and Amora was shocked at the stern look plastered on her face.

"Contrary to popular belief, I'm not into sloppy seconds; nor am I into being a second thought."

Amora was silent for a minute, regarding her friend in a new light. 

"And you deserve nothing but the best," said Amora. 

The bell chimed to release the students for their lunch break.

Amora was debating skipping the rest of her school day when she felt a rough shove on her shoulder, jolting her a step closer to her locker. She turned and prepared to bitch out whoever touched her but came to a stop when she realized an angry Josh stood in the way.