a treat for you guys!!! thank you for 1000 votes in Again! everyone has been so patient and kind and supportive so i just wanna offer you this akakuro oneshot. although this is a bit- uhm- emotional, i still hope you'll enjoy it!

akakuro ship, keep sailing! enjoy~

LOWERCASE INTENDED. THIS ONESHOT IS INSPIRED BY TAYLOR SWIFT'S CORNELIA STREET ON HER NEW ALBUM, LOVER.

×

kuroko closed his eyes as the wind blows softly against his skin. he inhaled sharply when he felt the cold. the temperature outside has indeed dropped, he mentally noted.

"hey, i told you to always remember your coat." kagami handed him his grey coat which he quickly wore.

"kurokocchi!! your gloves!!" kise came running outside from the apartment and gave the bluenette his pair of black gloves.

"oi, your scarf." aomine then came after the blonde, putting a white scarf around kuroko's neck. the latter sighed out of relief, he was now warm enough to walk the cold, dark streets.

he was about to walk again when murasakibara stopped in front of him and placed a bonnet on his head. the giant then patted him twice with an eyesmile and started walking with the others.

he wanted to follow them as they walked in front of him, but all he could do was stare at them.

something's... missing, he thought as he clutched his chest.

he was brought back to reality by the guy beside him who held his hand to drag him. "you shouldn't just stand there. you'll get cold. let's hurry."

kuroko didn't say anything and just followed midorima while looking at the hand he was holding. so warm. he thought.

they continued walking in the dark, rubbing their hands together because of the cold. the trees were rustling and it seems like they're the only one walking on the streets.

the street lights were like arrowheads leading them home.

the group continued walking and talking to each other, kuroko and midorima excluded. they tried their best to have cheerful conversations, careful not to say a single thing that can completely change the mood.

they totally did not mention anything about red or rings.

however, they cannot fully avoid the sadness trying to envelope them. especially not after they arrived at their destination. a street.

the others tried to walk normally as they enter it, doing their best not to cry. they increased the pace, wanting to arrive at the end of the street quickly.

but kuroko stopped.

so, the others did, too.

the shadow was looking at the sign that says the street name. his eyes were wide, lips visibly trembling. his hand started to clutch at his chest once again, as he smiled painfully.

midorima, who let go of kuroko's hand a while ago, looked away. he has been staying strong for so long, but he can't bear to see it. he couldn't bear to see kuroko in this kind of pain.

it's a kind of heartbreak time could never mend.

kagami and aomine both tried to step forward, wanting to take kuroko away from the painful sight of the past. but they can't take another step. they can't move forward. they can't cover his eyes and tell him it'll be alright.

kise was quiet. not even him, the most cheerful and bubbly of them all, can be happy at this instance. he hates it that he's this weak when it comes to this things, so weak that a tear is already trying to escape his eyes.

this is why they'd never want to walk this street again.

murasakibara was looking at everyone. he could clearly see the traces of pain in their faces. it's not that he's not affected by it, but he... he's doing his best. to fulfill his promise.

but they get mystified by how this city screams his name.

"akachin.." the mention of the emperor's name grabbed everyone's attention but kuroko. "he's waiting for us."

kuroko closed his eyes. he felt the cold wind softly blow against his skin again. his hand unconsciously touch the other, feeling the ring on his ring finger. he smiled.

"he doesn't like waiting."

the others all looked at him as he continued walking. hearing his voice again, it made the others very happy. so they followed him.

when they finally reached their destination, the end of the street that was closed off a year ago because of an accident, the wind blew even harder. the moon shined so bright.

home.

you are my home.

they were all taken aback when kuroko suddenly turned to them and.. smiled warmly.

"we're here." he said as he hurried and sat in front of akashi.

midorima, murasakibara, kagami, kise and aomine just stared at him. tears streaming down their faces, lips trembling.

i'm here.

kuroko tried to stop it, but his eyes soon became watery and his tears soon fell. his sobs were harsh, and his screams were painful.

baby i'm so terrified of if you ever walk away.

he touched the photo of his lover that was leaning on a stone. akashi seijuro. he noticed the ring placed in front of it, just besides the flowers akashi liked smelling so much. kuroko bit his lips, trying to stop himself from crying.

he then smiled, before muttering, "happy anniversary, my love."

i don't wanna lose you.