Chapter 3

Laying in bed, wrapped tightly in your blankets, you lay awake as your mind starts running a thousand miles per minute. This always happens late at night especially on quiet nights like this. Not a single sound can be heard except for a few whistling crickets outside of your half opened window. You can occasionally hear one of your children wiggle around in their sleep along with a few hums probably from a dream.

The thoughts of how terrible your life has been up until now has been a disaster. This is not the world you wanted your children to grow up in, but they were born and there is no way you can let them go. You are proud that they will at least be able to protect themselves when the time comes, but at the same time, you want them to have a normal childhood like you did before the Titans took over Wall Maria. Now, you are a young veteran in need of protection from your ex husbands.

You wiggle your way out of your warm blankets and throw your legs on the other side of the bed. There is no way you can sleep like this. Your mind keeps reminding you how unfit you truly are to be a mother and not like you saved much of anyone when you were a soldier. Eren was always top. Not once did anyone mention you in any of the history books not even as his wife or love interest. Hell, his child was not even as popular as he is now.

"The son of Eren Jaeger." You silently giggle, sadly. "Not the son of (Y/N) (L/N)." Tears begin to flood your eyes as the thoughts continue to overthrow any decency left within you. Your life is falling apart and there is nothing you can do to stop it. All you were good for was delivering two children of the most well known soldiers and thank god they were born males. "I'm so sorry." You cup your hands over your eyes and just let the tears flow. No longer hiding the quiet sobs seeping from your lips. "You deserve a better mother."

"That's not true."

You gasp as you look up at you door which is wide open with the figure of Armin Arlert standing there, avoiding eye contact as his remain on the floor.

"I'm sorry for barging in." His eyes finally lift high enough to get you in the frame. "I was getting a glass of water when I heard you crying and... well... I wanted to know if you were okay."

His voice is calm and gentle, reminding you of why you fell in love with him. Your heart begins to race as your tears continue to fall. There is no need to hide it around him; there never was. You reach your arms out, allowing him to embrace you once again as the tears fall upon his shoulder. The warmth of his body makes you feel safe and comforted. Armin may have been your second love, but he was definitely the best one. Your grip tightens around his loose white button down shirt as you feel all your senses wash away.

This moment reminds you of your wedding night when you had a little break down from after wedding jitters. He held you just like this and whispered how beautiful you are and how special you are and how strong you are just as he is doing now.

"(Y/N), you are very beautiful, strong, unique, and very special." He pushes you away a little and give you his signature warm smile that he has only ever given you and wipes away the tears left behind. "Our child and Erik are lucky to have you as a mother. Yes, it may seem hard now, but one day, these little hardships will mean the world to them. They will always remember the things you have done and soon they will understand the sacrifices you have made to keep them happy." He embraces you once again. "No matter what happens, they will always love you the most. You will forever be their wonderful mother."

You fight back the tears that try to push through again, but refuse to allow it. This moment is too sweet for you to ruin with anymore tears. "Sleep with me." You demand, whispering into his shoulder.

He gently crawls into bed with you, being careful not to let go. Laying both down onto the bed, he pulls the blankets over you and begins to hum a little lullaby you used to sing to your children when they were really little. Something about having him this close makes your heart flutter and every bad thought disappear. You don't care what happens as long as he is here beside you. This is the only time where living with your ex husbands isn't so bad.

And thus you spend the night with each other. 😏

(Insert Lemon here.
Thought I would leave this more of a fluffy story. If you want lemon, let me know! But I do detail, honey 😂)