Utapau - The aftermath -1

(2399 words)

Grievous had fallen. But he was wary during the clone wars. He knew he would likely fall and assigned four droids to revive him in his secret base. It was a mission four lonely droids had to accomplish after the fall of the republic and the rise of the empire. Were they to succeed, Grievous could return one day and prove himself to the universe, exacting his revenge on the republic that wronged him so long ago. 

The commando droids ran for their master, who had been beaten by the legendary jedi master Obi wan Kenobi. The clone troopers blue blasts of deadly laser rushed through the air, destroying their kind by the masses. Alpha watched as one droid dropped after another, making a clink and a clatter as they fell. It was a nightmare come to life, for the white ghosts just kept on coming, destroying their kind faster than they could take out any of them. The separatists were losing and their masters body laid in front of them, burnt and mangled. But the heart of Grievous was still beating, even though his organs had failed. Alpha, the leader of the other two commando droids commanded his fellow machines to bring him one of the medical droids, spherical in shape, to revive their fallen general. The droid rolled over and began disassembling Grievous, taking what was left of his still functioning vital organs and removing the fried chip that had been installed in his brain. It was a quick operation and the droid stored these organs in a coolant chamber, simulating his former body and infusing nutrients into Grievous's organic matter. 

Alpha told Gamma and Beta to get a ship up and running. The two battle droids looked at each other, then at a scratched up space craft that could fit only two units. 

"I can hold on to the outside." Beta said, pointing at the space ship. The other two commando droids nodded and rushed toward the transport vehicle, which had an empty compartment on the back. 

"Give me the medical droid, we must rush to safety. Another wave of clone troopers are approaching quickly." Beta said, deeming it safer for the medical droid to be with him in the back. Alpha nodded and handed him the droid. They rushed to their seats and got the space craft up and running. Beta picked up one of the weapons and hopped into the closing back compartment of the transport vehicle. There they were. The white ghosts, the snow beasts with their icy blue laser weapons. They began firing and Beta fired out of the ever closing crack in the back, whilst Alpha and Beta brought the vehicle to hover and escape the clone troopers barrage. It was a close one. The medical droid beeped in Betas hands. Beta tapped its head and nodded, as he said, "It will all be alright. I promise. We must get back to Vasseks third moon though. Repair the general and bring him to his former glory."

The little space ship escaped the battle and vanished into the skies. However, Alpha realized there was no hyper drive aboard the tiny vessel, which meant they couldn't travel to Vassek in time and the general might die, never to return again. he shook his head. They were in space, all alone without contact to any vulture droids or separatist ships. It was a lost battle for the separatist army. Alpha hammered his fist onto the dashboard. They only had a tiny ship, three blasters and a medical droid and they had to get to Vassek as fast as they could. 

"We could land on a civilian planet and force the locals to give us a ship worthy of hyper space." Gamma said, putting the engines off, so they could fly through space at a constant velocity and not lose any fuel. 

"What do you suggest we further do?" Alpha said, staring at Gamma. 

"I suggest we tell them that the separatists have won the war against the republic and that we have the right to take anything we might require for expanding the Separatists plans." Gamma said, nodding to himself. 

"Alright. Rotua seems to be a planet close to here. We can enter it, for the republic hasn't set any systems in place to prevent commando droids from entering. I believe there is a trading post in thesand dunes on that planet. It is visited from time to time. Atmosphere toxicity is of no issue to us, we must head that way." Alpha said, as he pointed at a far off star.