The Purge of planet Orioa - Part 5

Grievous let his clawed feet strike sand on a wilderness in wild space, having a group of commando droids set for scavenging the planet, equipped with heavy flame throwers and multiple quick fire blasters. It was something that he had never seen before. Plants that glowed in eerie green tones and looked more sentient than not. He touched one, which curled up like the tentacle of a squid, which sent a wave of light flowing through the soil. Grievous felt the vibrations through his foot claws and began looking around for resources to build a new droid factory on the dark planet. 

A sudden rustle and dash through the bushes made all droids heighten their guard. It was something large, Grievous sensed. And it was followed by nearly twenty smaller steps. One of the droids raised their heavy flame thrower and took one step at a time, towards a barrage of thumps and warrior cries that increased in intensity the closer they got. And with a mighty leap came forth a beast ten times the size of man, with six legs and four tails. It roared  at Grievous, before it calmed down. Humanoid creatures with weapons in hand came from the bushes and and ran in a violent rush towards them. 

When Grievous looked at the creature, he saw it that it was injured and submitted itself to him. It was prepared to die, because it had been severely weakened. 

"It is alright, we will take it from here..." Grievous told the creature. It nodded its head and understood him. But how? Grievous remembered his pet, that was killed during the clone wars. And he let his saber roar out of its silver handle and jumped towards the humanoid creatures, which already started to fight his droids. They were fast on their feet, those lizard creatures and were as black as night. One pulled at his arm, whilst the others roared and came to break him with their electrically charged weaponry. Grievous shouted in agony, as the sharp electricity pierced his body. But he was not going to fall to some creatures like these. He rose from the ground quickly and began to battle thirty of these beasts all on his own. The creatures rushed from left to right, speedy, but not fast enough to escape the wrath of General Grievous. He heard their foot steps clearly and saw their heat signatures, which meant that he could overwhelm them even in the dark. With one mighty blow of his light saber and another and another, he finally had defeated the creatures. 

The large six legged beast took a liking to Grievous and drew closer, with snarl and a whimper. It tossed its head in a particular direction, as if it were telling him to follow. Grievous nodded and the remaining droids followed as well. And when they came to the edge of the forest, they saw smoke and war. The lizard creatures were battling one another and laid waste to the once prosperous lands. 

"They are a very violent species, Sir. They seem to have destroyed ninety percent of the land and killed nearly all animals on the planet, because they didn't like how some of their people looked different or behaved differently..." a battle droid claimed, hand Grievous a simulation of the planet on a hologram. 

"You fool, I can't see..." Grievous said, as he threw the hologram device at the droids head.

"Oops. I forgot." the droid said.

"Bring the ships. Exterminate them. Send in the vulture droids now. Construct one base on this planet and..." the six legged creature growled as it stared down at Grievous with its six blue eyes.

"What?" Grievous asked, as the creature looked at the trees, that glowed in a mystical rhythm. The creature shook its head. It seemed intelligent. Grievous looked at the forest edge, then at the vast expanses that were on fire and barren. Millions of tree stumps and the sounds of the pitch black creatures shouting was what convinced him to not build a base on this planet. 

"No bases..." Grievous said, before he heard a voice speak in his mind.

"Red one, warrior that wields light. These creatures purged us. They came here, killed our kind, my kind and did not care for mercy or peace. We tried everything. And now, we only have a very small habitat left. My name is Avu, one of the last of my kind..." the creature said, before it noticed that all the creatures began to grin on the battle field, with their needle-like teeth. They started running towards them, laughing at Grievous and his companions. 

It was a horde that colored the entire horizon in black. Was it a hive mind? They stopped fighting each other to hunt Grievous and the six legged creature. 

That was when a well-formed group of vulture droids came storming towards the ground, firing at the many creatures that destroyed this world.

Red light illuminated the skies and came crashing down like red bolts of fire

Red light illuminated the skies and came crashing down like red bolts of fire. The terrifying creatures that lurked on that moon very quickly losing numbers, but the horde was still marching towards Grievous. The cyborg general quickly took all four of his light sabers and  rushed forward, as his small droid troop let loose flame and laser blast. The ones who once purged their own kind and their own creatures, were those who now got what they gave to others and Grievous was the one who brought their punishment for the evil they brought upon others. It was he, who remembered what happened when the Yam'rii attacked his homeworld of Kalee, to enslave his people and take their resources. He was not willing to let this happen again, on yet another planet, where the creatures like Avu were killed to satiate the desires of an entirely different species. This time he would terminate anyone who dared attack the planet of a lesser species. And if the Empire were to allow anything of the sort, he would strike back, after having amassed a new army of machines of war.