Aid

"Here's the new raptor designs, Sir." "All right. Leave it there." I state, looking up to see Nina with her usual smile. Not much has changed since our little exchange the other day. Except it seems she's gain more confidence to do this job properly.

"Have you finished today's task?" "Yes, Sir. I've already started on this weeks emails." She replied, pulling back a lose strand of hair behind her ear. "Surely, I'll receive an email this time." I chuckle out, deciding to humor her. "Heh heh." She giggles, a light tint on her cheeks. "I promise you will." "Alright, good. Just checking." I reply with a genuine smile.

Throughout the evening Nina not once offered to bring me coffee. She kept walking out, going around helping others with favors. Everyone in the factory seems to enjoy Nina's presence when she's around. Nina has this optimistic, youthful attitude that brings many people to bask in her friendly mien, making it difficult to not like her, which leads many employees to ask for her help.

Getting up from my chair I walk towards the doorway, coffee mug in hand. As I reach towards the door way Nina comes in, colliding with me. As a result of the collision, I let go of the ceramic mug, white shatters littering the polished floor. "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!" Nina apologizes, kneeling down and gathering the broken pieces.

"I'm truly sorry!" She apologizes. "It...It's fine." I reply, dumbfounded at the sight of Nina on her knees looking straight at me with her big captivating brown eyes. Nothing comes out from my now dry mouth as I'm staring at the top of Nina's hair. For a good 30 seconds I'm just standing in place till I hear Nina sharply inhale followed by a small whimper. "Oouch." She yelped, tightly gripping on her thumb.

Her pained cry took me out of my trance and I immediately kneel down to be at eye level with her. "Oh...jeez...are you alright?" I asked her, concerned due to the bloody split on her thumb. "Y-yeah I'm good, no worries." She assured me. I quickly turn to my desk and grab a tissue. "Here." I say, handing her the tissue. "Thank you." She replied, cleaning off the blood. 

"I'll be okay, just need a bandage." "Okay...I...um...I don't have any." "That's alright. I've got some in my backpack." She replied, getting up. But before she could walk away, I stand up and retrieve her bag. "I'll get it for you." I announce. "Oh...okay, thanks. They're in the small pocket inside the doggy pouch." I quickly unzip the pocket and find the yellow dog pouch; unzipping and getting a bandage out.

Walking back to Nina, I unwrap the bandage. "Here. Let me see." I command. She looks directly towards me and slowly sticks her thumb out. I delicately place the bandage on her thumb making sure it's tightly secured. "Th-thank you, Mister Musk." She thanked me with the pinkest tint growing on her cheeks. "Be careful next time." I declare.

We're both standing in the middle of the office, hand still holding onto her bandaged thumb. "Hey Nina, could you help me out for a sec." Dan asked, entering and upon seeing us, stopped on his tracks. "Wh-what happened to you Nina?" "Oh...um...I just accidentally cut myself." She replied, quickly retracting her hand from mine. "Ehm." I clear my throat, "Nina you should get going with your help." "Oh...yes! Thank you very much, Sir." She declared, walking out with Dan. Once they are out of sight I allow myself to chuckle out, feeling my cheeks heat up.