How Long Even Were You?

* Marley Wallace's POV *

Saturday, 8:56am
October 17th, 1985

I was almost done unpacking around an hour later of arriving. I forgot about Wyatt while I was gone. He seemed awkward when I got here. I still missed him sadly.

"Marley!" I heard my brother called.

"What?!" I responded back yelling from my room.

"Can you come down here real quick!" He yelled seeming to have food in his mouth.

"Yea I'll be back in a sec!"

I came downstairs to see the 2 boys on the couch watching one of my favorites, Footloose, with 2 party size chip bags in hand.

"Whatcha need Gar?" I asked.

"Wyatt is staying over for the weekend, so can we borrow some blankets?" He said still focused on the movie.

Wyatt on the other hand seemed a little distracted- looking out the window and then to the floor.

"Uh yea sure, how many you need? Planning on making a fort?" I giggled the last part. Wyatt laughed at the joke.

"You know, it's not a bad idea. You could help, after all we're using some of your blankets." Wyatt said looking up at me.

"I'm fine with it, what about you Gar?" I said looking at him but he was still focused on the tv.

"I don't think it's too hot of an idea. Also- Whats with the blond hair." Gary said glaring at me and turning his head a little.

"I changed it because I'm running from the cops." I said sarcastically and crossing my arms.

Wyatt laughed again while Gary scoffed at me.

"Well could you just give us the blankets?" Gary asked in an annoyed tone.

"Only if you guys let me stay and hang out. After all it's been almost a full year." I said with my arms still crossed.

"Sure."

"No."

Wyatt thought it was nice while on the other hand Gary wasn't to fond of me hanging out with Wyatt.

"Well I guess that means no blankets!" I start to walk upstairs.

"Wait! Fine." Gary sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Score." I said under my breath.

I went up the stairs and grabbed the blankets and set them down on the couch.

"Well it's still pretty early morning, what do we want to do?" I asked and smiled.

"what did you do on your trip?" Wyatt asked in a small tone.

"Well when I started I went to New York to see some friends- we went and saw a show. I then went to Maryland, which is where I decided to change my hair." I said and explained some more.

I used to have glasses and long brown hair.

Now I have contacts and shorter blond hair.

"How come you changed it though?" HE asked.

"I don't know, I thought it looked better on me I guess."

"You've gotten taller too!" Gary said out of nowhere.

"Last time you were here I was at least a foot taller than you, now your like my height but smaller by what it seems to be 4 inches." Gary continued on.

"Yea I was like 5'3, now I'm around 5'8." I said.

"Damn, it's really been awhile." Wyatt said and turned towards me on the couch.

"We should go and do something- what about the arcade!" I said excitedly.

"Hell yea!" The boys said in almost unison.

——————————
Word Count: 557

Sorry this is kinda a filler. I wanted to keep writing, but I'm not to sure of this chapter 🤷‍♀️