Part 9

2 weeks later

Dianne's POV-

For the past two weeks me and Joe have planning our activities for the kids club as it opens in a few days once the campsite has finally opens. We are planning on working with some of the club leaders to do some fun activities to do as one big group.

A few days ago mine and Joe's manager told us that because the site needed more room for families, each team member would have to move in with another. Since we only really knew each other, me and Joe ended up moving in together, it seems like such a big step since we aren't even officially dating or anything like that. Maybe I'll ask him about it today.

Me and Joe are lying in bed when a text comes through from our work group chat, everyone's been invited on a work night out at the pool bar. There had been a few but me and Joe had declined as we wanted to spend more time getting to know each other.

'Shall we go to this one tonight? I think we could do with a nice night out togther, plus I love it when we get dressed up together Di.'

'Yeah we may as well, as long as we can stay together, I'm not the best with new people so I'd like it if I could stay close to you.'

'Of course love, we're going out at seven tonight so lets just have a snuggly day again today, we don't have any duties today so we may as well just chill, we could maybe have a bath later? Help you relax a bit before tonight.'

'Mmmm sounds perfect, I love a good snuggly day with you Joey.'

'I love it too, I have some facemasks with me, lets do them then we can have a bath.'

Joe's POV-

I pulled myself out of bed to go look for the facemasks, the cold hitting me instantly. Once I had found them I ran straight back to our bedroom, making Dianne laugh when I jumped into bed, snuggling into her almost instantly. I started tickling her, pulling her on top of me and tickling up and down her side. Her laugh was infectious, her smile the most radiant thing I had ever seen, I couldn't help but smile and laugh along with her. I pulled her into my chest, smothering her face with kisses before placing a long, loving kiss on her lips. That's what the feeling was. Love. I think I'm in love with her.

A little while later we had our bath, getting out when our fingers had started to resemble prunes. I had decided to wear a white shirt with some black jeans and a leather jacket, I was styling my hair, well, attempting to, but it wouldn't cooperate. I was still trying to sort it when Dianne came into our room. She was wearing a black dress with some black heels and a leather jacket. She looked so so beautiful.

She ran her fingers through my hair, helping me style it- she made it look perfect in seconds.'Thanks baby, you did that perfectly in seconds. You're amazing.' 'I know I am, but somethings missing, ah yes that's it.' she says as she pulls out my glasses, placing them on my face. 'I think you missed something else as well Dot', I say pointing to my lips. She gave me a shy smile before wrapping her arms around my neck and pressing a soft kiss on my lips. I deepened it, moving my arms up and down her sides as we got carried away. I pulled her into a cuddle, reassuring her that tonight was going to be fine before taking her hand and walking to the bar.

~

Dianne's POV-

When we reached the bar Joe led me in with his hand on the small of my back, his thumb rubbing gentle circles around, instantly putting me at ease. The conversation started to flow very easily within the group and I started getting involved in the conversations more. We got onto the topic of our home town, and when it came to me one man, called Rory, seemed more interested than others. He seemed nice enough that we carried on our conversation.

Joe was stood talking to the others, he knew I was okay talking to Rory at this point so he joined in conversation with the rest of the group. Rory was nice, but he seemed a bit too nice for my liking- he was barely looking me in the eyes, something seemed to be a bit more distracting slightly further down. I had a bad feeling bubbling in my stomach- he seemed to be looking for a bit more than just a nice conversation. These thoughts rang true when he brushed his hand over my shoulder and offered me a more than friendly invitation back to his place. Alarm bells were ringing in my head, I wanted to be back by Joes side, only his side.

I looked over in his direction, hoping to gain some attention from him so that he could get me out of this situation. Luckily, he was already looking over at me, but his eyes were full of envy. I shot him a look that signified I was scared and his eyes instantly softened. He came straight over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead. 'Come on Lady Di, I want to dance with you again.' We stepped onto the dance floor and he held me close to his body, his grip on my body staying tight around me, not letting me go anytime soon.

'Are you okay? He didn't try to hurt you did he?'

'No, but he tried to get me to come back to his. He was making me so uncomfortable, he wouldn't stop looking at my chest the whole time Joe. It was like I was an object to him, he makes me feel so horrible, I don't want to be near him.'

'Its okay Dotty, don't worry, he's not going to go anywhere near you as long as I'm around.'

'Joe I- I'm scared of him, I think he was trying to get me drunk enough so that he could take me back and I wouldn't be able to say no. The drinks he was bringing me were so strong, and when they kick in I'm going to be a really messy drunk. You're going to hate me when it kicks in, sorry in advance' I mumbled into his chest as I snuggled in closer to him.

'Well if you don't think you're gonna be safe here shall we go back to ours? Then you can be drunk in the safety of our place.'

'Yeah that's a good idea, let's go back.'

~

Joe's POV-

Dianne wasn't wrong when she said the drinks he gave her were strong, as soon as the fresh air hit her she was the most drunk I had ever seen her. She was giggling at everything she saw. She laughed at a fence. I ended up carrying her in my arms to our place because she actually couldn't walk she laughing that much.

I placed her on the bed and passed her one of my t-shirts to sleep in, then I got some wipes and started to take her makeup off. She was bouncing up and down and wouldn't keep still, I knew she was going to be feeling this tomorrow. Knowing she wasn't going to sleep anytime soon, I put on a movie and pulled her under the covers with me, rolling her onto my chest and playing with her hair- I knew it helped her sleep so I thought it would help her. Soon enough she was fast asleep. No doubt she will be awake in a few hours throwing up, tomorrow was going to be a long day...

a/n- sorry it's been so long! give me some ideas for what could happen next in the comments x