"True Love Waits" (Monologue/Inspiration behind the story)

I still remember the first I met her, it was on the first day of school, August 7, 2018. I'll just give her the name Ash cause I don't want to reveal her name fully. Well, she came at the most unexpected time and she is like the most unexpected person I didn't know would fall in love with. We were fresh off Junior High becoming Seniors, she's new in the school, I am studying in my alma mater for 8 years and counting. We met at this place called the CBEAM grounds, it's actually for college students learning Accountancy, Engineering and the likes. Well, I am in the same strand as her. We're both currently studying the field of Accountancy, Business, and Management, but the irony here is that I hate Math. Really. I am good in English and writing such as this but Math gives me a headache but oh well, I had to be practical cause my mom's got a few terms ahead of her before she retires. 

Anyways, the first time I met her is when I was temporary president of our section/block. I was leading my section in this program called Lakbay Lasalyano(Lasallian Trip), it's for the new Seniors who have to take part in every single game to be played at a designated place within the campus. Then I remembered this game, Paint Me a Picture, it used to be my childhood game, but now, it's kind of not my thing anymore cause I'm grown up, you know, well, I sometimes play it, but not often. I tried convincing my classmates to join with me in that game, but they just wouldn't. I was looking the opposite direction watching the other section compete as well when this person tapped my left shoulder. I turned around, and my god, my first encounter with this beautiful, witty ass girl happened. She smiled at me waving and greeting me with a hello, and I asked what was her name, and she said, "Ash" (not her true name, just her alias in this story). I was about to say that her name was cute like her but what not, we had to cut to the chase because we haven't started the game, but let's skip after the program. 

And on that night, we had our very first conversation on Messenger. She was pleased to know that I am one of her classmates and she commended me for leading the class even if I was a first-timer. I never knew that girl was very direct and genuine of all the girls I've had a crush on during my High School years. We talked for some minutes cause she's got studies, everything about leading, and astrology. (Well, Irene Callista taught me to read a whole chart, so I did my first for Ash, and she said it was accurate).

Months have passed, and we got to know each other pretty well, not until this guy who was my friend, now sorta my rival to this day, got attracted to her, not just because he's the third person in our friendship, but because he back stabbed me a lot by telling my own friends how nerdy I am without me being aware of it. And to be honest, during the Intramurals, damn my heart simply got broken into pieces when I found out Ash was in love with that guy I don't trust. That sent me into emotional trauma and I almost got half my body numbed cause of it. The pain inside me was so much to handle that it almost caused me to become unresponsive twice(my heart condition also contributing to that pain), but I fought it off before my section could even cheer lead. Well, I made the dance, but I lost the one I love to the person I hate. Simply just because they were dorm mates, until her birthday came. All of the sayings by some people whom I call my friends but not totally my true friends told me that she's taken, I don't have a chance at her, taught me to be stronger and wiser in myself. 

On her birthday, I finally made my first move, and it's like the curse was lifted between the two of us. The guy who simply got into a relationship with her exposed himself for simply being manipulative on me, and to this day, he'd still do anything to control my relationship with her by making me feel bad about myself, but I learned from him, and I know it takes a lot of guts before I can finally make myself immune to his negative actions. Not just that, even one of Ash's closest friends have so much hatred for me just because I didn't like her in the first place. Well, she's got a beautiful face, but I never liked her attitude since she's deceptive. There's this one time she tried aiming a laser light into my eyes just to get my attention, well, call that desperation for attention. Because I never liked her, and the fact that she's friends with Ash, she, until now, plans to end my relationship with Ash just because she's jealous inside that I like her friend Ash more than her, so for me, I'd just not care about her at all.