forty

"seonghwa hyung, i'm so sorry but we have to run."

seonghwa raised an eyebrow, confused.

"woosan's having a fan meeting and we didn't know?"

seonghwa gasped at that. he swore that he knew, and that he wanted to bring yeosang, but he forgot.

"oh."

"it's okay, let's go before they come out!"

-

"mingi?"

distracted by all the pretty decorations in the ice cream parlour, and still trying to figure out who woosan were, mingi hummed a response.

"is that... jongho?"

mingi's eyes followed the direction hongjoong was looking at, and indeed, it was both jongho and yunho.

as they were about to make their way to greet the working boys, everything clicked.

yunho, an artist, but also the CEO of an entertainment company.

jongho, yunho's boyfriend who's equally as successful as yunho, but starting his career as a model, and occasionally uploading videos of himself covering songs he loves.

then, it made even more sense. woosan, the duo that just debuted in the company yunho runs and owns. san, and wooyoung. two best friends, wanting nothing more than happiness and good health for each other.

"mingi ah!"

mingi's eyes widen. he's heard this voice before. he's heard it on video chats, the ones where all four boys would stay up late at night and talk to each other, trying to make each other's nights complete.

hongjoong tugged on mingi's hand excitedly, the small boy's nervousness long gone now.

"seonghwa hyung, kang yeosang!"

though the most unlikely to do so, especially right then, hongjoong opened his arms wide, welcoming the three friends into a group hug.

a group hug that although didn't last very long, and yet still felt warm and comforting to every single one of them.

"hi,"

"hello!"

at that moment, yeosang's mouth dropped open. "woosan," 

"hello, i'm san,"

"and i'm wooyoung,"

"and together, we are woosan!"

-

seonghwa and yeosang, both being massive fans of woosan since the debut days, enjoyed all the performances.

they loved how good woosan looked during my way, they loved their vocals for twilight, the loved the choreography for
pirate king. they loved being able to show woosan their love, support, and appreciation, in person.

mingi learned to love woosan. he liked the way their songs sounded and were written. he loved the energy both boys radiated on stage, he looked forward to the fan meeting. he'll be sure to ask seonghwa and yeosang more about woosan.

hongjoong met up with both jongho and yunho, and had the time of his life. the couple were extremely nice to him, as always. having heard of hongjoong wanting to continue studying yet being unemployed, yunho offered him a job at the company.

"hongjoong hyung, let's be co-workers!"

hongjoong felt tears well up in his eyes.

he didn't deserve this.