Part 19

Two days later it was a busy evening for Namit. He was dead tired from his endless appointments. He just wanted to go to his apartment and rest. Meanwhile his stomach growled and made him remember to feed it before sleeping. Due to heavy workload today, he even skipped lunch and now he was even hungry. Great! Couldn't his day be more good than this he thought sarcastically.

He heard a knock on his cabin door and allowed the person to come in. He saw the receptionist standing their with a parcel in her hand : Sir this parcel came from India for you. You were busy with the patients so didn't disturbed you earlier. Saying so she left and Namit frowned thinking who would have send a parcel from India. If his family had send him they must have already informed him.

He sighed and started opening the parcel too busy to guess from whom it would be. He looked confused seeing an airtight food container in it. When he opened the box, he was shocked to see his favourite sesame laddoos in it. Also a note was there in attached to the container's lid.
I hope this satisfies your craving for homemade food. Wanted to send more items but then it was not possible to courier this far.
Neha

Namit was all smiles after reading the chit and his mouth literally watered seeing the sweet in front of him. They looked so yummy. He quickly washed his hands and popped one laddoo in his mouth. He closed his eyes savouring it's taste. It was the most tasty one's he had so far. His wife is really something. If this dish made by her is so tasty then his taste buds were jumping to taste different dishes prepared by her. Such a foodie he was. He was lost in eating without a care in the world when his phone rang. He wiped his hands and picked up his phone without looking at the caller id as he was busy in counting the laddoos left in the container.

Namit : Dr. Namit Saxena here!

Neha : Seems like Dr. Saxena has lost his memory. Giving introduction to your own wife?

Namit : Ohh hey wifey sorry didn't looked at the caller id.

Neha : Where were you looking then? Don't tell you were checking out any girl and don't even mention that you were in the middle of work because your work hours are over.

Namit : Relax honey I was not looking to any patient and definitely not checking out any girl. I was actually busy eating a very special item prepared exclusively for me by someone very special.

Neha's face flushed hearing him. She sighed in relief that her parcel reached on time.

Neha : Did you like?

Namit thought to play with her a little before answering her : What??

Neha shook her head knowing he was again playing with her so she decided to play along : Me what else DARLING!!

Namit was momentarily surprised but he knew she caught him and enjoying he continued further : Yes very much.

Neha : How much??

Namit : So much that if I was there right now then I would have been lost in that deep grey eyes of yours then....

Neha(widening her eyes) : Then.....

Namit : Then I would have caressed your soft white cheeks. After that......

Neha : After that.....

Namit : After that I would have kissed your pink lips senseless. I would have come to know that does they taste better than my favorite sweet. Then.....

Neha closed her eyes imagining all things he was saying. She felt goosebumps all over her skin.

Neha : Ok enough! I was asking about laddoos I sent you dirty mind.

Namit : Me and dirty mind? Don't tell me you also didn't got all hot and heavy imagining all that. Fuck! I need a cold shower now

Namit continued his whining but Neha's mind got stuck on the words "hot and heavy". She gulped and speaked in a low tone

Neha : Namit you always think of us in that dimension?

Namit who was blabbering stopped hearing her question. He wasn't serious but was just bothering her. Now hearing her, he knew she took it somewhat seriously.

Namit : No Neha not always but if you want my honest answer then yes I think about us in that dimension many times.

Neha squirmed in her seat : But you... I.... I mean I...ugghh

Namit : Hey hey relax ok. I just said I imagine us like that I didn't said to do it right away. It will be your call whenever you are ready Neha. I can wait even if it takes eternity.

That's it. Neha finally realised her love for Namit. For her understanding and trust are two major factors for any relationship. Namit won both but today he also earned her respect. She felt loved by him which she never felt before apart from their families. Not even Nikhil.

Neha : Come back soon...

Namit thought she would be uncomfortable but her reply left him speechless. She never fail to amaze him.

Namit : I will....

Like that both went silent because right now words were not needed. Their silence was talking.

Neha was in deep thoughts after talking with her husband. Looking back at the time from their marriage till now, it has always been him who took initiative in everything whether it be deciding to marry her, make her comfortable, give her time and space, confess his liking for her, apologizing even if it was her fault, sending her gifts and what not. Thinking about all these she fell in love with him more. She had seen people in love before but had never been at that place till now. Now when she is there she felt it is a beautiful feeling. She folded her hands and looked upwards with tears in her eyes thanking God for giving her a second chance at life in the form of her husband, her Namit.

She didn't knew whether his liking for her turned into love or not but Namit had always been honest with her from the start. So she decided that whether he accepts her feelings or not, she is going to confess it to him and then if he needs time and space from this, she would gladly give it to him just as he gave it to her. After Nikhil's death, she knew the importance of life and it's uncertainty. If something were to happen to her then she want to leave this world knowing that her husband knows how much she loves him. She would make Namit's arrival memorable and surprise him by confessing her feeling to him.