𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Richie's pov:

«Are you staying the night Rich?»

«I don't know... Are you sure it really is okay that I hang up here so much?»

«Richie.. What have I told you? You are my son. You practically live here. And I would feel better if you stay... I don't want to let you go back to your dad..»

«Al, that is so nice of you but if he can't let his anger out on me it is my mom he'll beat..»

«I understand but.. I feel like it's my fault when I let u back..»

«It really isn't, trust me.»

«Promise me that you'll come here if it gets too bad.»

«I will.. Thank you» I said and smiled a little.

_

After a few hours Bev and I were in her room. I was playing „Dusk ʼtil Dawn” on her piano while she was singing the lyrics. We both loved making music together. It was something what only was ours. The losers didn't know she could sing or I could play the piano. I never told anyone but I could sing pretty good too. I was super insecure about my voice. After the first verse I started singing quietly not realizing Bev would hear. I got lost in the music. I didn't realize that she'd stopped singing until the song ended and I turned around and she was there with her mouth open.

«What. The. Fuck.»

«You didn't hear that did you?—»

«OH I DID SO HEAR IT» she screeched. «that was amazing!»

«N-No I—»

«SINCE WHEN ARE YOU SO TALENTED IN.. EVERYTHING?» She said and pulled me off the chair. I landed in the floor.

«You bitch!» I said grinning and pulled her down too. We were both giggling on the floor now. We stayed there for a whole while. She told me stories about her summer while she wanted to know about my dad. I even felt comfortable talking to her about it. I never thought it would feel so good. Bev on her side seemed extremely worried. She was holding my hand and sometimes she gave it a squeeze to comfort me a little. To let me know she was there. This night I didn't go home. I stayed with my real family...

Eddie's pov:

When I got home I felt this.. lump in my throat. The way I acted. The way I looked at Richie. The way I felt about Richie. It was all wrong. I didn't want it to be. Richie was straight. I just knew. I knew that I never really was attracted to girls. I knew my sexuality. I just didn't want it to be real. I barely was in my house when I let out a loud sob.

«Eddie?» I heard my dad from the living room. My mom died when I was little. I only grew up with my dad. We had always told each other everything. We had like a bond. I had been glad when my mom died. She always tried to change me. She used to lock me in my room so I couldn't meet my friends. My mom said they had a „bad influence“ on me.

«Eddie what's wrong?» My dad said coming up to me.

«Dad.. Dad I..» I couldn't talk. I was crying. Badly crying. Suddenly my legs stopped working and I broke down.

«Eddie!» he said and caught me in my fall. He carefully sat down on the floor with me in his arms. He hugged me tightly.

«Take your time... What is wrong..?»

«Dad I think.. I think I.. I like a boy...» I cried. His eyes widened. «Dad I'm gay..» I sobbed looking at him. At first he looked shocked. But then he smiled at me sadly and pulled me into another hug.

«Eddie.. That doesn't make you different. Not even a little bit. You are a strong, smart, beautiful boy and I couldn't be any prouder. I wouldn't want to change anything about you. You are my son Eddie. I love you for who you are and there is nothing that could change that. You can tell me anything, I will always support you, okay? I know you only have your old man but I would give anything for you. I'm the proudest dad in the whole world. Okay?» he said and wiped away my tears. He messed up my hair a little and smiled.

«I love you too.» I said and smiled sadly.

I got up from the floor and went up the stairs. I let myself drop on the bed and looked at the ceiling. If Richie was doing the same thing right now...

I felt another tear falling down my face. I always had a crush on Richie, I was just too scared to admit it. I thought it was a normal feeling until he was gone the whole summer. I had missed him so much. It made me realize that I liked him more than as just a friend.

I loved everything about him. The way he walked, the way he looked, the way he talked, the way he laughed, the way he tried to joke around the other losers. I smiled at that thought.

I took out my phone and scrolled up to our very first messages. I was lucky my phone had a button which made me come to the beginning. It was the first day of school a few years ago where we met Richie. He had just been beaten up by Henry Bowers after making fun of his jacket. Bill insisted on helping him and so we ended up getting all our asses beaten. I chuckled at that memory.

„Hey Eds how'z ur butt doin“

Was the first message to read. I couldn't help myself but laugh. The way he said 'how'z' got me in tears. I was reading our text messages for hours. I didn't realize that I was crying. But with a smile on my face. Yes, I was hopelessly in love with Richie Tozier...