Chapter 12: Solace

Chapter 12: Solace

“How many?” Aizawa says as he scans through the wreckage of the Ushio building, Hound Dog sighs as he takes his hat off, “7 Pro heros died almost instantly in the explosion, 3 of them were hospitalized.”

Hound Dog says as Aizawa glanced over the chaos, “What exactly happened? Was it the league?” Aizawa says as Hound Dog closed the case file folder while sticking it into his coat.

“It’s speculated but this wasn’t the work of someone’s quirk, this seems more like a terrorist attack more than anything.” Hound Dog says as Aizawa looks on before speaking, “Why the Ushio Building?”

Aizawa questions as Hound Dog answered quickly, “Perhaps it was a demonstration of war?” Hound Dog says as Aizawa shakes his head.

“No, the league is small. Especially with the arrest of All for One, this may just be an intimidation tactic or even a calling card.” Aizawa says as Hound Dog gives him a look, “I believe the murder of innocent people and pro-heros alike seems a bit much for just a calling card.”

Hound Dog says as Aizawa walks toward the wreckage, “It was a trap, however instead of false hostages they used real ones. This was to attract bigger deal heroes, this almost seems like an attempt to pick off key players.”

Aizawa says as Hound Dog responds, “Now that I think about it, Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods arrived. They weren’t killed in the explosion luckily but they did arrive.” Hound Dog says as Aizawa nods his head.

“I’ll investigate more into this later, in the meantime I’ve got to help where I can.” Aizawa says as he jumps into the fray.

Hound Dog walked to his vehicle, “I’ll do the same, these damn villains will pay I swear.” Hound Dog growls as he drives toward the mess.

Katsuki nearly blew a hole in the wall of his room as he paced through it, “Damn it!” Katsuki cursed as his fist stopped before hitting the wall, “I’m a goddamn sidekick now,  so why the hell am I still sitting on the fucking sidelines?!” Katsuki says as arms wrap around his waist.

“Katsuki, calm down please.” Momo says gently as she pulled him into her, Katsuki exhaled and turned around to face her placing his forehead on hers.

“I know Ponytail but it just pisses me off, I should have went with the old man.” Katsuki says as Momo closes her eyes still holding him close.

“Is Best Jeanist still alright?” Momo asks as Katsuki sighs, “Yeah, he’s messed up about it since he didn’t make it in time.” Katsuki says as Momo nods into him pulling back to look at the boy.

“Everything is going to get figured out alright?” Momo says as Katsuki nods, “I just realized we are finally the same height.” Momo chuckles as Katsuki frowns.

“Piss off Ponytail, you’ve never been taller than me!” Katsuki says as Momo looks at his face before placing a hand on it.

“Please excuse me for being blunt and sappy, but have I ever told you that I’ve always loved your eyes? That defiant glint with just a touch of softness. They’re beautiful.” Momo says gently as Katsuki widened his eyes before his face flushed red.

“That was pretty fucking sappy.” Katsuki says with a smirk as Momo smiled. 

Katsuki pulled Momo in and kissed her gently as she held him close, Katsuki pulled away and looked at her, “Don’t expect me to say anything sappy back you hear me?” Katsuki says as Momo leaned her head into his chest.

“Of course. Eventually I will.” Momo says as Katsuki places a kiss on her head as she smiled into him.

They sat in a brief silence before Katsuki spoke again, “I’m going to dig into this. Get to the bottom of it, and beat the hell out of the bastards that did it.” Katsuki says into Momo’s hair as she nodded, “I will as well. I’ve got your back.”