Chapter 19: Attack The League

"A full-on assault on the villains is Ludacris!" Best Jeanist says as he flashes a look toward Aizawa. Aizawa looks toward Hawks as the winged man nodded sliding a book that had been charred slightly down the table of pro-heroes, "Is this really a good time to be going over something like this?" Best Jeanist says as Nezu grabs the book.

"This might just be the best time. If anything we might be too late." Nezu says as Aizawa opens the book.

"Hawks has been in deep cover with the villains for a while now. Apparently their numbers have increased dramatically. As in over 100 enemies are waiting for us." Aizawa says as Best Jeanist's eyes widened.

The taller man turned toward Hawks as he gritted his teeth, "You couldn't inform us earlier? This is serious information!" Best Jeanist said as Hawks scoffed, "It was a hard enough relaying it to Endeavor, imagine sending a group text about a damn army when you are in killing range." Hawks says as Best Jeanist growled.

"Enough, both of you. Hawks will be acting as Number 1 until we get a status report on Endeavor." Aizawa says as the two men look away from each other.

"How did Endeavor of all people get taken out by a child?" Hawks said as Aizawa looks over at him.

"She played us. She took advantage of our status as heroes to influence us, I should have been quicker to respond. That's beside the point now, the point is there is an army lead by Shigaraki along with All for One ready to destroy everything." Aizawa says as Hawks clenched his fist.

"This is going to be an actual war, not a pretty sight in the slightest. Tell me, are you seriously ready to march pros to their deaths in order to win the day?" Hawks says with a serious expression as Aizawa gives him a look.

"What are you getting at?" Aizawa said as Hawks looked at the dark-haired man as he took a step closer.

"People are going to die. You are asking me as Number 1 to put those people in that position. We can't let the villains win, but I don't want a single person to lose their life. So tell me Eraserhead, how does one go to war and not lose a single life?" Hawks says darkly as Aizawa looks down at the table.

"Heroes should be ready to sacrifice their lives at a moment's notice. It's an occupational hazard." Aizawa says as Hawks glared at him.

"You bastard, did you hear a word I said!? Heroes are going to die, many of us. If that's the case, who is going to be left when it's over?!" Hawks said as Aizawa stood up to meet the man eye to eye.

"You're still new to this despite being Number 1 at the moment, so I didn't think you were all too aware. If we all go into the gentle night, then we have the perfect set of new heroes for the job." Aizawa says as Hawks narrows his eyes.

"They're only kids." he says as Aizawa looks back at him.

"Kids I'm ready to die and leave the world to. If we win or we lose they are going to be there to take the torch and continue on our path, improving upon it. They'll be left to live for the world's sake as well as ours. With that being the case, yes, I am ready and willing to go to war." Aizawa says as Hawks backs up.

"You put way too much faith in those kids." Hawks says as Aizawa nods, "Perhaps. Maybe we haven't been putting in enough," Aizawa says as he looks toward the other pros at the table.

"We'll meet their demands, tell the other heroes they have a day to collect themselves and come to their peace. We attack the villains tomorrow." Aizawa says as Best Jeanist closes his eyes and looks down with a grin.

Nezu slow claps while looking at Aizawa, while Hawks sighed. "If anyone dies, I'll never forgive you." Hawks says as Aizawa looks at the phone. "I can live with that,"