16

AN: Oh wow its been like 4 months since I've updated. I've been super busy I promise I haven't been neglecting it! I have a brand new nephew, a god son and god daughter on the way and I had three jibs, quit one, bow I'm down to two and school. My brain has just been everywhere. But I've finally updated. And its starting to tie up the missing pieces so it's almost finished :) ReVomment -Opal

I stayed up late or early depending on how you looked at it, waiting for Axel  to come back home. He had left in such a hurry, he didn't explain to me what was going on.

When morning light started to shine through the windows I gave up on trying to fall back asleep and got out of bed to let Freya out.

When I walked out of the room i ran into Axel. He had apparently just gotten back. "Did I wake you?" He asked as he leaned in and kissed my head.

"No. But now that your back do you care to explain what the hell is going on?" I questioned.

"Trying to press for warrants to question the 4 stooges but I have no grounds. The court would just render your dreams as stress related." He informed me.

I sighed. "And here I thought you were going to be my number one hero and tell Me that I never have to worry about them again." I told him. Axel rubbed his temple. "I just don't have grounds, I need..." He paused. "You need what?" I asked. "I need you to have an open mind about what I'm about to tell you next, can you do this?" He questioned.

..............

I sat at the kitchen table fingering the napkins to miniscule pieces. "All you would need to do," Alexis told me, "is convince Rhett that you've had an epiphany, that you can't live without him. Get him back in your clutches," she paused and looked at Axel, "and knowing his current obsession with you, he should cave. We can have you wired, have his apartment and vehicle bugged and we can go from there," Axel finished.

I looked at Alexis. "Is this legal?" I asked. "Legal? No. But will it hold up in court if he confesses his intentions or plans? Yes. You just need to act the part Lenny okay? I've known you a long ass time, I know you can do this.," she assured me.

"I have to pull out all stops?" I questioned looking at Axel. "All stops," he agreed. "Including ..." I couldn't finish my sentence. "Hopefully it won't come to that," he replied tersely. "But we really need him and every one else in jail Lenny so yes, even that," I looked into his eyes and saw what he was feeling and he didn't even have to tell me.

He didn't want anyone to touch me other than himself. But some things were worth sacrificing, to put dangerous people away. "Okay," I agreed after a moment. "Great!" Alexis exclaimed and then she reached down under the table and pulled up a large black suit case and plopped it on the table. I jumped at the noise. "Let's get started shall we?" Axel said grimly.

.................

A week later I was released back to work. A job my dad still held for me but I hadn't been to in weeks. I had explained to my dad and my brother what I needed done and when 12pm rolled around I left for Rookies.