Bonus chapter

This was just something I wrote a while ago for the few people that wanted Bray and Leonie to be endgame. This is a prequel chapter from before Leonie Met Heath. But don't read it if you don't like the thought of her with anyone else. Haha.

One Year After Benny Died.

"Just come over," I shouted at Jess through the phone, competing with the fucking loud bass thumping through the apartment. Mom was off on some excursion to save the world. Or put a drunk driver in jail after he plowed an old woman with his car. Same thing. Her work took her to Nevada this weekend so I took full advantage of the situation.

"Lee," Jess said in a serious tone. "No. I have four months left until summer. I'm not spending it grounded and I am not risking the chance to come back to Everglades. One screw up and it won't happen."

I sighed, admitting defeat. I wanted her to come back to Everglades just as much as she wanted to come back so that we could spend our senior year together. Her probation had been drawn out over two super long years and I missed the bitch like crazy.

"Fine," I pouted from where I leaned on the kitchen counter top. "I'll just dance alone."

I looked up just in time to see Kendra Hill sitting her ass on my glass table top. Which might not have mattered so much if it weren't for the fact that her skirt was shorter than Joe Rogan's hair and her ass cheeks were leaving smudges. I picked up the closest item to me, a potato peeler, and hurled it at her head, mouthing for her to get the fuck off my table when she turned around clutching her purple hair.

"You're not alone," Jess laughed. "I can hear the chaos going on over there. It sounds fun. I'm so jealous."

Some bitch who I didn't even recognise stumbled into the kitchen, her stiletto slipped on the polished floor and she slid sideways, grabbing at the counter to steady herself and instead knocking half a dozen bottles onto the floor.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed as she laid in broken glass and alcohol. "I'll mop that mess up with your body if you don't clean it up right now!"

"I'm gonna go," Jess informed me over the phone line but I was half way to hanging up and as soon as I hit end, mom's contact lit up the screen with an incoming phone call. I winced.

"Damn girl," Bray stood at the kitchen threshold and started hollering as he stared at the drunk, tragic stranger girl on the floor. I wasn't sure I'd even need to kill her. She might have been drowning in the alcohol as it was. "It's not even ten, sweetheart. Pace."

"Can you deal with that," I waved at her as I started to leave the kitchen. She was creating a bit of a barrier across the doorway so I held out a hand to Bray and he did one better and wrapped his arm around my waist, hauling me up and over into the corridor. "Mom is calling me."

"Yeah go on," Bray said. "I've got this."

I ran down the hall, threw my bedroom door open and slammed it shut behind me, ignoring the startled look from the half naked couple on my bed who had their legs wrapped around each other. "If you can be quiet for five minutes, stay there. Don't make a peep!"

Sheri from school tugged the sheet up to cover her chest, her cheeks were pinker than her nipples. Paul sat behind her. I hit answer on the phone and held it to my ear. "Yes mother?"