00:03

//Dedicated to @Mararenas for the lovely cover to the side!//

.

Reed

.

My first day of school and already I was regretting it more than I ever believed I could. My first day of school and already Karl acted like I wasn't there and did something for me without my consent. My first day of school and I already wanted to kill someone. 

He was wheeling me outside somewhere, past a few buildings and past a few tables that were carefully placed outside. It looked pretty amazing, especially the tables under the trees and the leaves between them.

"Why are you doing this?" I said through gritted teeth, lowering my eyelids and trying to control my anger through my breathing.

My dear brother forgot his classes would clash with my school tour and he couldn't even get my timetable so I could act like a normal student and get with my classes. But no, he passed me on to someone else entirely and now I stayed quiet as that said someone was pushing me around.

"I'm showing you around." Ghost said softly, confusing peeking out his voice. 

"I didn't ask you to."

"But-"

"I did not ask you." I interjected harshly, cutting him short. He stopped pushing me from behind and I could hear him walking around the chair. Until he was right in front of me.

"Open your eyes." He quietly ordered. I stayed silent until I felt his hand on my knee. I swallowed down my gasp and the quick flutter in my stomach took me by surprise. How one innocent chaste touch made me feel like I was exploding was beyond me. I'm meant to kill this boy! Not react like he was the only male that had ever touched me.

I didn't want to admit that he really was the only non-blood male that touched me after the incident.

"No." I snapped back, trying my utmost to keep my knee from shaking. I silently moved it to the side and breathed out through my nose, relieved, when his hand dropped from my knee.

Only for it to land on the other knee. Goodness gracious!

I opened both my eyes, looking directly into his face. He was peering at me with a stupefied look and I almost chuckled at his expression. Regardless, I kept my cool and spoke, "I'd like it... if you didn't touch me."

He snatched his hand back instantly as though it caught fire on my knee. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, lowering his head. He had himself down on one knee, so his head was directly beyond my face and I nearly collapsed when a whiff of his scent reached me nose. It was different - almost wood like and it reeked of something else. Something I couldn't grasp that moment.

"Can you take me to the office please?" I asked him slowly, not wanting to spend another minute with him anymore. He was acting like I was a charity case - pushing me around and ordering me to do stuff. Someone could say I was overreacting but for something like that to come from Ghost... it made me feel worthless beyond belief.  And I wasn't here to feel worthless. 

"And what are you going to do there? Wait for Karl?" Ghost scoffed at me, lifting up his head and narrowing his eyes down on my face. 

I frowned at him angrily. "No. I'm going to ask for my day schedule and get to class."

Ghost arched one eyebrow at me; almost looking at me like I was speaking in another language. "Newcomers don't have classes on the first day."

Oh. Right.