t w e n t y

Don't forget to vote and comment x enjoy

. .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐲

Bucharest, Romania

. .

Allie had officially come to the conclusion that she was very much lost.

After storming out on Bucky, she had decided to walk around the city, too caught up in her anger to realize that she was heading into uncharted territory. All she could think about was the rage she felt, completely overwhelming her and making it exceedingly difficult to focus on anything else. It demanded attention, swelling in her veins, waiting to explode.

She had only realized how engrossed she had been in her own fury when she found herself at a lake in the middle of nowhere. With absolutely no clue how to get back home. It was most definitely not one of her smarter plans, but she chose to relish in the moonlight setting on the dark waters. Pushing her worry away and savoring the silence.

The lake was as flat as any mirror. It laid without a ripple in the dark-blue water as if time itself had been frozen. The black water was alight with the reflection of the constellations in the sky, glimmering under the clear starlight. The faint rumble of a car's engine was heard in the distance, interrupting the otherwise silent night.

But despite the obvious serenity of her surroundings, Allie still couldn't tear her mind from the anger in her head.

As she sat down at the edge of the lake, the only thing playing on her mind was her fight with Bucky. In that moment, she had been blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying. It had been there a while now, that anger, simmering beneath the surface and waiting to escape. And as soon as Bucky had opened his mouth, criticizing her, she lost it.

She unleashed the monster within, letting it assault Bucky mercilessly. Her words crashed out unchecked, unaltered in bitterness. She didn't back down, she attacked him relentlessly, making sure he felt every ounce of pain that she was feeling. Evoking the same fury in him that he made her feel in that moment.

A  feeling that had vexed her soul, twisting and distorting her judgment. Burning like fire lacing in her veins, creeping up her spine and leaching from her mouth in the form of sharp statements made to hurt. It was as if her words were dipped in poison, unleashed without thought of consequence.

She was intoxicated with an emotion that she had no intention of ever feeling.

But now, she wasn't sure how she felt.