Part 2

"Sonakshi...Do you know I..." In the car, Rohit turned to Sonakshi in anguish to complain something about the traffic and stopped midway seeing a sleeping Sonakshi.

"OMG, how can this girl sleep so soundly in such traffic. Ravi?"

Rohit murmured half to himself half to Ravi. There were stuck at Ambedkar Road for the last 15 minutes and Rohit has no idea when Sonakshi slept listening to his non-stop rants about Mumbai traffic. He was agitated because of the traffic.

Seeing Sonakshi asleep, Ravi switched off the Radio and suddenly a silence enwrapped Rohit. He suddenly became aware of Sonakshi's hand in his hand and the warm feeling it gave. He loosened his grip in confusion, he has no idea how long he has been holding it and why he did it. He realized over the last couple of days, he has done it frequently. He pulled back his hands and instantly regretted it.

Common Rohit, Are you losing it? Rohit chided himself.

Sonakshi turned uncomfortably in her sleep as she tried to adjust her head against the window. Rohit lifted the armrest and folded it back to move closer to Sonakshi. He took the cushion from behind and placed it on his lap. In on gentle movement, he enwrapped Sonakshi in his one arm and gently placed her head on the cushion without disturbing her sleep. He could feel Sonakshi's body stiffening up and then loosening as her head touched the cushion. She hugged his hand in sleep and Rohit smiled to himself in content.

Are you losing it Rohit? Rohit peered outside into the chaos and find himself relaxing inside. The sheer touch of her, the warm feeling of her sound asleep in his lap calmed him within. He could feel every breath she takes on his hand, the slight tremble of her lips which touched his fingers and above all, he could feel his heart rising.

His mind was struggling to find a balance between reality and the lie. Sometimes, he felt like the prince who kissed the princess and brought her back to life. He still remembers the way Sonakshi was lying on the couch unconscious, the way she tugged his heart when her eyes met his for the first time. Then came all the bitter memories. He nodded his head to jerk off all the bitter memories. He placed his other hand gently on her head as if to apologize and started caressing a strand of hair.

May be finally I have found my Shangri-La, my happy place? He smirked. He wondered what it would be like to be her real boyfriend? To hold her hand all the time, to bask in her ceaseless love, to wrap her tiny frame against him... Rohit mind churned out thoughts in a furious pace and he turned beet red. He was jerked back to reality when Ravi honked a nearby bike and he realized traffic started moving. Trying to regain his composure, Rohit instructed Ravi.

"Ravi, get the car to the outhouse first and get Sonakshi's things inside. Then ask Simran to get something for Sonakshi to eat as the first thing. I am sure she might be starving since morning. then we have to go out once again" As the car started moving, Rohit held Sonakshi closer determined to move forward in life and embrace the happiness that came his way.