Part 3

"haaa.... this Dr. Khaddos" Sonakshi mumbled as she finished the final touches of her light make-up. Having slept the whole way from film city to Malabar hills, Sonakshi was in full spirits. She brushed the hair as she nibbled on the sandwich, Simran gave her. She was about to call Rohit when she heard the knock on the door.

"Parvathi ji, your shoot is ready!" Rohit mocked Babloo's accent. Sonakshi turned to see a stunningly handsome Rohit in a light pink kurta. Sonakshi forgot what she wanted to say and mumbled.

"Yes..".

"Sonakshi... You look..." Rohit stopped midway.

"Beautiful...?" Sonakshi gigglingly offered to fill in the sentence.

"hmmm no..." Rohit inched in closer.

"Now what, you want me to change this as well?" Sonakshi's voice echoed her exasperation and Rohit decided to play with her a little bit.

"Yeah Sonakshi, I think the dress does not match with my dress. Let's see how good we are together" Rohit stood directly behind her and pointed her to the large mirror on the wall.

"Look at that Sonakshi..." Rohit tried to keep his voice neutral.

"What's your problem Rohit, we are looking good together" Sonakshi replied more to herself than to him.

"Really, do you think so?" Rohit held her closer and lowered his head to be in level with hers. "Do you really think we look good together?" Rohit smirked seeing the confusion in Sonakshi's face.

"haan.." Her kohled eyes have become extra-wide today. He never felt the deepness of those eyes before, now looking at her reflection in the mirror he realized how much he wanted the pretense to be true.

"Sonakshi...You look beautiful" Finally Rohit gave in to see the brightest smile on Sonakshi's face. "but one thing is missing"

"Again!? Now what?" This time, Sonakshi's nostrils literally flared.

He slipped his hand inside his pocket and took out a small ring. Without much ado, he took her hand and slipped the ring into her ring finger.

"perfect" He adored the ring and lifted her hand to place a gentle kiss on her ring finger.

Sonakshi, taken aback by this sudden gesture of Rohit, turned and took a step backward.

"Rohit, I think you are overdoing it. What is the need for all this? Please, not everything is fun for me! Please." She was clearly put off the way he put the ring in her finger.

"Sonakshi Rastogi, I think I am in love with you." Rohit looked at her eyes and whispered. His heart thumped in anticipation and brows furrowed in stress. The startling moments between his words and Sonakshi's replay seemed to extend like infinity. He peered into her eyes to gauge her reply. He could sense her uncertainty, her confusion and finally a glimmer of love in her eyes. Taking it as a positive cue, Rohit slipped the hand into the small of her back and held her close to his body. Sonakshi did not object and did not avert her eyes from his.

"Will you be mine for real? I promise to let you sleep in my lap forever." Rohit held her even closer. Nothing can match the feeling of having her in his arms. He felt her hand closing in on his body. Rohit smiled. He did not need an answer from her. He knew like a book. He leaned forward to plant a kiss on her lips to seal his love forever.