Chapter One

The man sat, one leg propped up on the other, arm leaning casually on the countertop, chin resting on a fisted hand. The lights weren't on and shadows enveloped most of the man's figure, the only light being from a high-set window leaking the last remnants of evening light. Izuku gulped, but set his jaw, determined. He had a reason - a purpose for being here. It would be counterproductive to run tail and escape.

"Why are you here?" The man asked - he still hadn't proffered a name. The slight power imbalance unnerved Izuku, though he figured that was probably the point.

"To join you." The man made an irked ch sound, reaching his hand up furtively to his neck before forcing it back down.

" No , boy. Why are you here?" Izuku had to think about that. There were so many reasons, and he didn't feel entirely comfortable with telling the man everything. He finally decided to give his general reason. Not too personal, but effective.

"This world, this society , is cruel and corrupt. I want to change it." The man nodded, satisfied. The purple mist hovered in the background, unspeaking. Calculating. Izuku hadn't dared ask about it, though it unsettled him slightly. Was it even human?

With great effort he returned his attention back to the man when he spoke again.

"But what can you offer us?" Ah, this question he could answer. Izuku smiled, though it was more bittersweet — more cold — than happy.

"I have a plan."

☆*:.。. oCHAPTER ONEo .。.:*☆

Izuku sat at his desk, chair lent backwards and legs propped up on his desk. He idly tapped a pen against the leg of the chair, glancing around him at the other students, lazily looking for stimulus for his achingly bored train of thought. The other kids sat around him at their own idiosyncratic desks, diligent and paying their entire attention on the teacher. Izuku had no idea what they were talking on about, having long since tuned out their extensive droning.

He fished into his uniform pocket for his phone, lackadaisically swirling it on and scrolling through the news app, not even caring if the teacher saw him using his phone during school hours. He didn't see the need to feign interest to a maths teacher — they were probably used to their student's minds wondering or napping in their class anyway.

"Okay, class dismissed, don't forget to do that homework sheet I gave you at the beginning of the lesson." Izuku glanced up, flicking his eyes over to where the teacher was packing up his things and heading out to his next lesson teaching unmotivated teens. Izuku was pleasantly surprised to remember that their next lesson was in the same room, meaning he didn't have to get out of his comfy position.

What was next period again?

Next to him a perky girl with black pigtailed hair tied with sickeningly bright green scrunchies clapped her hands excitedly. "I wonder what Keiko-Sensei will be doing today?"

Ah. That's right; next period was work ed. Izuku inwardly groaned, but flicked screens on his phone to the camera, readying himself. I wonder if Bakugou will start anything today, he wondered vaguely. He hoped so. Bakugou had always been invaluable to the needed video clips Izuku was collecting. His every word, action, and insatiable need for validation and needing to be the strongest was exactly what Izuku was looking for.

The thought that Bakugou was unknowingly playing perfectly along to Izuku's plan was ironic at the least, the very thought bringing a small smile to Izuku's face. He hadn't realised how mephistophelian it had looked until a boy seated in front of him turned around, sighted Izuku's expression and squeaked in fright, swivelling back to the front of the room quicker than Izuku thought was possible for someone his size.