First impressions

Venus POV

I woke up in bed with Damon. He was probably awake but just comforting me. Earlier, I was really overwhelmed. Of course, I have to tell Klaus but I don't know how. I can't just go up to him and say, " Oh hey Nik, I cheated on you but don't worry it was all in my head." I don't know how Klaus deals with betrayal. I mean, from other people and siblings its dead or daggered. But, I have no idea what he does to his lovers. Will he leave me ? Will he hurt me ? Like I said, wild card. But, if any of this happens I'll need a support system. So I need to fix this problem right now.

"Ahem. Damon, you awake?" I cleared my throat.

"No." he said quickly.

"We should talk." I hear him sigh. Obviously he doesn't want to talk about this, but too bad. "Damon, we need to talk."

"I was trying to protect her. I swear that's it. I wasn't trying to hurt you, V." he pulled away from me and sat with his back facing me.

"But, you did anyway." I say slyly. He looked back at me like ' really bitch?'. "Damon, why would you throw away decades of friendship for a girl you've known for a year or so."

" Venu-" I stood up from the bed.

"Not to mention, that she's playing you like a damn yo-yo. She's in love with your brother, she has been. Then, he left to save you and she moved on to the next Salvatore brother at her disposal. He came back to get back what he lost, ELENA. She doesn't know what she wants or who she is. Damon, you betrayed me for some girl who could give two shits about how you feel. She's playing you. She tried to play me, too. Made me think that I was apart of her family now. I'm not. Family looks out for their own. Everyone is loved and treated with the same kindness and protection." my voice starts to crack. " Yet, as soon as I'm happy everyone else is sad and grieving." I start to tear up. Damon stands and walks over to me. "I can't win, Damon."

"Venus, I love her."

" I love you, Damon. I want you to be happy, I really do. But, this, this is just history repeating itself. Katherine compelled Stefan to love her while you actually fell in love with her. She made the both of you compete for her love."

"Venus. This isn't about her. It's about us. Can we keep Elena out of it?"

"How can we? EVERYTHING is about her! Every time you abandoned me, it was to go save her!" I scream at him. " Haven't you had enough ?" I say into my hands.

"I need her ! There I said it. I need her. I love her so bad it hurts."

"I loved you just as much. I KILLED MY FIANCE FOR YOU! You are my family. My only family. Everyone else is dead. I can't help but think that one day you will risk your life for her once again but you won't ever come back. I fear that you will die for that girl."

"I did not tell you to kill him. I didn't force you too. But, you should've killed him regardless. He hurt you, abused you, used you, and lied to you. YOU came to ME crying. I was trying to protect you."

"When did that stop? Hmm?  You trying to protect me."

"Oh no, don't do that. Don't try to change the subject."

"How is plotting to kill the man I love protecting me?"

"He ruined Elena's life! Killed her aunt. Multiple attempts on her brother, Ric, Stefan, Bonnie, even me."

"Damon,"

"No, there is nothing that you could possibly say to prove me wrong." he put a shirt and walks towards the door.

"Damon, what I'm about to say is probably the most selfish thing I've ever said in my entire life. Elena or me?" I said calmly. We connected eyes when he turned around. "Her happiness or mine? Her safety first or mine?" He looked at me pained.