The Truth

L

Everything Honey understood. Everything she confirmed to have happened. Everything my love saw and heard.

Good news, at least for me - they were all considered wrong. She was undeniably misled by what had befallen.

How is what I just claimed possible? Well, allow me to tell the details in order to grip the events Honey had interpreted falsely.

***

''Oh, um. Goodbye then?'' With that Honey stood up and left Starbucks. I didn't take my eyes off her. She was disappearing from my sight until there was no sign of her.

''Why did you do that?'' I asked my so-called best friend without looking into her eyes.

''What do you mean?'' She motioned her hand so the waiter came. ''An espresso, please.'' Krystal beamed at him. The man took the order with a polite smile on his face and walked off behind the counter.

''Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.'' I gave her a glare.

She put the innocent face on and blinked cutely. My friend, you can deceive other guys with this sweet charm of your but this expression won't work on me.

''I don't get it.'' She stated in perplexity.

I really got irritated and covered my face. Unbelievable. That girl was so determined to do it. Why are you trying to make your life hard as it is now? I shook my head multiple times, not wanting to trust my friend for doing such foolish thing for the umpteenth time.

''You know what, just forget about your plan. Don't you dare make it happen or something unpleasant will occur to you.'' I threatened her.

Krystal's expression changed in abruptly from a sweet to a devilish one. She smirked but looked elsewhere.

''Why do you have to be selfish, my buddy? Can't you give up already? All these years, you keep doing it but without success and you still think you can make it?'' She scoffed. ''Stubborn as f*ck.'' She waited for the waiter to come with her order. When the espresso was served, she drank it all in a shot. Oh boy, she wasn't bothered by the warm drink at all. Then she stood up and placed money on the table. She headed to the exit but stopped to shift her gaze towards me. ''I haven't given up yet.'' Krystal grinned. ''Be prepared, Kim Myungsoo.'' And my 'friend' exited the place.

Oh, no. I'm not going to let you win. Just wait. You haven't seen everything in me, especially that power I kept for so long and haven't used it since forever.

***

I made a decision to avoid Honey. Oh, I didn't just ignore her for nothing. I had my reasons. I tried, successfully, not to pay attention to her. I got her sad, I know, but that was the only way to be safe from danger. You thought I didn't suffer when she was lonely? You thought I felt great when she tried to stay away from me, too? You assumed I didn't desire to punch Krystal for the reason she was a girl?

It was the opposite!

God. I missed Honey's warm and small hands, holding mine, her cheeks reddened from my flattering, her beautiful eyes gleaming every time I looked at her, her brown thick hair I like to caress, her irresistible lips. Also, I was craving for her feminine calm voice that was music to my ears.

Conclusion - her presence. But I couldn't be with her all because of a certain pitfall.

And the 'kissing scene' thing. It was also a trick made by you-know-who.

Krystal suddenly phoned me and told me to come to the park near our school. I thought she had planned something fishy. I was in a quandary as to whether I ought to meet her or keep away from her. Both choices were horrible but I was afraid she was going to do no good to Honey; boy, I didn't know what surprises she could hide under her sleeve so I went to the appointed place with a view to fend her off from trouble. My best friend was sitting there on the bench with a bush behind it. Memories flashed through my mind. This particular bench was where I kneeled in front of my girlfriend and asked her on a date. I couldn't deny I was feeling down. I approached my buddy and sat next to her, facing the big virgin bush. She turned to my side.