Chapter 7: The Match Awaits

The sun rises over the tall hills and is now glaring at you. You look out your small window and glare back. "Stupid sun!" The sun shakes, you can barely see it though. It starts to shine brighter and brighter. Your eyes bleed. All you want to do is turn away, but there's something about the suns aura that keeps you fixed on it. Everything stops for a moment as you wonder why you have real eyes and not button ones, but then... A TALL FIGURE STEPS OUT OF THE SUN. You gasp, someone is walking on air, walking towards you! You still can't see who is coming, but you also don't worry since the window is locked. Not that it matters though, since the person swings a mighty sword and breaks the window. You screech and fall back. "Stupid am I?" the person asks. It's a voice you know well, one that you've been wanting to hear for a while. Before you can even respond the person crouches next to you. A strange metal object shaped like the sun starts caressing your face.
"Tsk tsk, don't you know? Only I can give you sunshine and hope, and only I can take them away. So be careful who you call stupid."
And with that, the person stood back up, their skirt flowing in the wind. The wind gets stronger and the person is blown away into golden dust. You tremble trying to get up, but it's no use. Eventually the clouds start to cover up the sky again,

annnnnd you wake up.

You lurch upwards, frantically trying to get your thoughts together. Was that... WAS THAT JOSEPH??? Wearing a skirt? Why would I dream about something so weird? Ugh it's probably because of the purple creep that appeared in the room last night. You sigh and slam your face to the pillow. Although you woke up very angry, you feel quite pleased that you saw Joseph in your dream. This is some sort of sign that things are going to go good! I'm not too sure about the bleeding eyes though?

...

Everyone seems to be starring at you. Mumbling about; wondering what's going to happen during your first match. You can't even enjoy your breakfast. Not that it's very tasty, but at least you want to eat it in peace. Other than the small whispers, it is very silent. You lift your head a little to see is Murro is around, even though you've only had a short conversation with him, he seems to be the only person that you trust. You also trust the owner of the manor, but he's not a survivor. Just while you were thinking about him, the owner creaks open the door. Thankfully everyone's attention is now focused on him instead of you. He strides around the room looking, closely at each and every one of them. Until finally reaching you.

"Are you ready?"

"No, but I don't think I have much of a choice."

You stand up and follow the man out the door. He motions over to some survivors, and they follow. Once in the main hall he stops, causing everyone to bump into each other. It really is only 6 people: The owner, Fiona, Norton, the blind person, Vera, and you. They start to grumble..
"Oh please this is nothing! I bump into things all the time! Walls, chairs, cabinets, you name it!"
You don't exactly remember the blind persons name, but she seems like someone you'd want on your side.
"Haha me too! But I don't even have an excuse for always bumping into things" You smile at her and she smiles at the floor. The friendly moment is interrupted by Vera's annoyed voice, "Great, just great. How are we supposed to win with you two idiots bumping into everything? Unbelievable, I hoped that you at least were useful Alice." She scuffed and continued walking, ahead of us.
"Oh dear, it's seems I have miscalculated! I only need 4 survivors, yet here I have 5. Vera, go back to the hall. Please do wish your friends good luck for the match as you go!" The owner smirked as Vera had a fit. She just stood in the hall yapping like a rabid dog. And we left her to it.

We then found ourselves in the entrance hall. The survivors lined up like soldiers in front of the man. You quickly did the same.
"I trust that you will all take care of Alice during her first match, especially you Fiona."

He snaps his fingers, and you black out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So sorry that it's taking long for chapters! Right after posting this I'm going to work on the next chapter, so there won't be much waiting! Thank you all so so much for continuing to read this story! (Oh and I hope you noticed the Apollo skin reference I made at the start of this chapter 😏)