Just In Time

It was just like any other day at the school. Charles was grading some papers for his psychology class when all of a sudden he felt a stabbing sensation in his head. He screamed out in pain, drawing the attention of a concerned Erik.

"Charles, what is it? What's wrong?" He asks worriedly.

"I don't know. I...wait...wait...Peter?" Charles asks, only confusing Erik.

"Peter? Who's Peter?" When he got no answer, Erik only continues.

   "Charles it's me, it's Erik. Please tell me what's going on so I can help you."

   All of a sudden, Charles looks at his friend as if the events of the last few minutes hadn't occurred and gives him a warm smile.

"Charles?" Erik asks more confused than ever.

"We have to go."

"Go where?"

"Go to pick up some new students." Charles says cheerfully as he wheels himself out of his office and towards the front door.

"Who are these new students? Did one of them contact you psychically? Is that how you got that headache?" Erik questions and Charles simply laughs at his friend's concern.

"I'll explain everything in the car. Come on let's go." And so the pair head off on what will turn out to be the beginning of a crazy turn of events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time jump~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "So these kids are twins and they're both 17 you said?" Erik asks from the driver's seat.

"Yes. Their names are Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, but he usually goes by Peter." Charles says while showing Erik a picture of the twins.

The girl has long auburn hair and beautiful gray eyes, similar to Erik's. The boy also has the same striking eyes but medium length gray hair falling at his shoulders.

   He actually looks quite familiar to Erik, but he can't place where he's seen him before. Charles, reading his thoughts, catches on to this and answers.

"You actually met Pietro already. He was the one that broke you out of prison." Charles finishes, still looking at a file.

"Ah yes. He was the quick one."

"Haha, yes my friend." Charles says with a chuckle.

"So Peter is fast, what about Wanda?" Erik questions, allowing his curiosity to get the best of him.

"Well I haven't been able to see the full range of her powers yet, but from what I've heard from Peter, he refers to it as some kind of hex magic. She has this red energy that she can control and is actually quite powerful."

"So their parents are fine with them being mutants?" Erik asks surprised yet happy at the thought of their acceptance.

"Well not exactly?" Charles begins, earning a glance from Erik, urging him to elaborate.

"Wanda and Peter never met their father and lost their mother when they were only 7 years old. After that they were put into foster care and have been there ever since." Charles concludes and Erik merely shakes his head sympathetically, knowing how hard it is to lose your parents at such a young age.

"Why did Peter contact you?" Erik asks, earning a sigh from his counterpart.

"His foster parents, Mike and Elaine, have recently been offered a large sum of money in exchange for Peter and Wanda to be part of a new study group on teen mutants." Charles says and Erik knows exactly what he means.