Perfect Strangers

Charles' P.O.V:
   To say that there was tension in the house would be an understatement. Ever since the twins discovered that Erik was their father last week, it has been extremely awkward between them. Neither know what they are supposed to do or say in front of the other.

   Erik wants to be a good father and look after his children, but he knows that he hasn't been around for most of their lives and doesn't want to overstep his bounds.

   The twins desperately want Erik to be an involved father, but aren't sure at how they should act around him. Do they call him Dad? Or Erik? No one seems to know what the next course of action is.

   Unfortunately for me, all of these loud thoughts from the three of them flood into my mind, giving me severe headaches.

   Of course I can't complain, because they all need to think through everything and figure out their relationship.

   My thoughts are interrupted by Erik storming into my office. "Come in." I joke in response to him not knocking.

   "Where's Peter and Wanda?" Erik asks trying to remain calm, but actually worrying immensely.

   "I can't find them anywhere. I've looked all over!" Erik panics and I roll over to my friend.

   "Erik I'm sure they're here. I'll have them come to my office. Will that make you feel better?" I ask and he merely nods his head.

   Wanda? Peter? Please come to my office as soon as you can.

   I give Erik a worrying glance after messaging the twins. I've never seen him like this. But before I can say anything, I feel a gust of wind go passed me and there stands Wanda and Peter, with a confused look on their faces.

   Erik lets out a sigh of relief before Peter speaks. "What's up prof? Did I do something?" Peter worries, thinking about all of his past misdoings since he's arrived at the mansion.

   I only broke that one vase...and maybe the other one...but I picked it up I think! That's everyth...oh wait. I stole Hank's glasses. Oops.

   Peter thinks to himself and I merely shake my head disapprovingly, yet amused at the same time.

"No you didn't do anything wrong, but please do not take Hank's glasses again Peter." I warn, reading his thoughts.

   "So...why are we here again?" Wanda asks, getting us back on topic.

   "Ah yes, well I thought that it'd be nice if we all went out for dinner so we can get to know each other a bit better." I lie, knowing that Erik wouldn't have wanted me to reveal the real reason as to why I called them here.

   The twins look at each other before agreeing to dinner. "It's around 5 now so do you two want to get changed and then we'll head out?" I ask and they nod. Once the twins leave, Erik closes the door and turns to face me.

"Charles, I appreciate you covering for me back there, but do you really think that it's safe to be going out in public? What if Stryker finds them. What if..." Erik worries, but I stop him before he can go any further.

   "My dear friend there is nothing to worry about. I will know if Stryker's men are near." I say whilst point to my head. He nods in agreement, but I can still hear his fears on bringing them.

Wanda's P.O.V:
"So...." Peter says, after speeding to close the door in my room. I continue looking for an outfit to wear as he speaks.

   "What do we think of Erik?" He asks me and I laugh.

   "I don't know. He seems...nice?" I say more as a question than a statement.