Chapter 2

Lizzy above

12 years later. (Lizzy and Maddie's 16th birthday.

(Lizzy's pov)
Waking up on a Sunday, I get up and do my daily routine. After my routine I head downstairs and greet my older sister Vanessa. "Good morning Vanessa said," when I walked in the kitchen, morning Vanessa it's not really a good morning. "I totally forgot what day it is I'm sorry Lizzy, I know today isn't exactly a good day but just remember that they would want you to be happy and safe," Vanessa said. "Happy birthday though little sis".  I just wish that they could be here with us, yah know. "I know that Lizzy, but if it wasn't for the apocalypse then they would still be here to see all of us grow up and live a happy, normal life," said Vanessa. Hearing foot steps coming down the stairs, me and Vanessa greet Maddie. Morning Maddie, Vanessa and I said "morning sisters," Maddie said while giving us the usual morning hug.  "Happy birthday Maddie," Vanessa and I said, "thanks sisters Maddie says. Walking to the fridge and gets some milk, I think about how life would have been if the apocalypse hadn't happened. If the apocalypse wouldn't have ever started then my sisters and I would still have our parents to be here with us.  Heading up to my room and sitting by my window and look outside my window at the world, me and my sisters live in a small neighborhood and we live in a small house with a metal fence with a gate, in the backyard we have a swing playset that has been there since me and Maddie were 3 years old and moms garden in the back of the house, the house may be small but it's gots a wonderful personality.  Usually during the morning, I'm writing in my diary or I would sit on the porch and think about what my day is gonna be like cause ever since my parents died my emotions have been all over the place.

(Noon/night)

Vanessa calls me and Maddie to the kitchen telling us that she has a surprise for us. On the counter was a three-layer cake, baby-blue and peach pink with white chocolate seashells and gold specks all over the cake. "Happy birthday girls," Vanessa says, I know that we would all wish that our mom and dad could be here with us, but let's make this a better year of health and happiness.

This is the cake->