1

As a young child I never understood why it wasn't okay for me to like wearing skirts, or lots of pink, or makeup. I saw girls doing it, I liked it, so I wanted to do it too. I quickly learned that not only was it not accepted, but it seemed like it was illegal or something. Not only did girls not accept me doing it, but boys made fun of me way more too. I didn't understand it until I did when I got jumped, 8 years old, by two grown men because I was wearing a pretty pink skirt. "What're you a faggot?" One of them slurred. I was gay, well no, I was bisexual but what I wore didn't have anything to do with who I was attracted to. I just enjoyed pretty things.

High school didn't make it any easier for me either. People had started to back off then, minding their business, but there's always that group of kids who don't know when to stop. So that brings me here, in my fourth period math class, getting papers thrown at me. I was used to this, it didn't bother me too much. When they started saying stuff is when it made my anxiety go through the roof. "Dallon. Psst. Hey. Fruitcake." I hear someone say lowly behind me and I squeeze my eyes shut. The teacher hasn't made her presence yet so of course, people had to start with me. "Yo pretty boy. Answer when you're spoken to. Busy thinking about dick?" A guy says loudly and a wave of laughter makes it way over the classroom. Nothing new.

"Okay class settle down, we have a new student." Ms. Keyline says as she walks in, and I glance up as a boy walks in. He was hot, I couldn't even lie. He seemed very suave and put together as he smiled brightly at everyone and nodded his head politely as he looked around the room. The boy had gelled up dark brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing a white button up, and black dress pants with some dress shoes on. He does realize it's only school right? Who am i to talk though. I wouldn't pick on someone for over dressing though. Who am I to judge when I dress like a chick?

He caught my eye and I immediately looked down at my desk, my face heating up. Though I wear so much blush I doubt anyone would notice if I was blushing. That's a bonus. "This is Brendon Urie and he'll be with us for the rest of the year. Please, make him feel welcome." Ms. Keyline says and whispering is heard all over the room. "Okay everyone in here seems uptight so hi, I'm Brendon." The boy says while approaching me and my heart jumped in my chest. He's talking to me. Out of everyone in here he's talking to me. He sticks out his hand for me to shake and I stare at him shocked.

"Oh u-uh hi sorry uhm.. I'm Dallon." I say softly while shaking his hand and he nods as he takes the seat next to me with a smile. No one ever voluntarily sits next to me oh my god. "I like your makeup. It's very.. soft." He says and I was blushing again I could tell. My makeup was very out there today. I wore a lot of blush, and decided on some winged eyeliner, a sparkly light pink to coat my lid and some pink lip gloss. Cute and simple, yet very pink. "Wait r-really? You don't think it's weird?" I ask softly and he shakes his head. "Why would I? It looks good on you." He says causally and I hear someone snicker causing him to furrow his eyebrows. "Do people bully you? Are they snickering at you?" He asks, a worried look washing over his face as he turns to look at who may have done that. "Uh yeah, but I get it. It's weird for boys to dress like I do." I say trying to brush it off but he still seemed troubled by it.

"If anyone bothers you let me know. I'll report them. There's nothing wrong with being pretty. They just have a fragile masculinity. Which isn't good." He says, loud enough for everyone to hear and I smile softly. It felt nice to have someone seemingly care about me. It's a matter of time before he leaves though. He'll find someone, a group of friends. He'll go and be happy and I'll be a distant memory. He's here now though. This didn't feel real. Nothing good ever happens me. The rest of class we sat on a comfortable silence as we listened to the teacher teach the lesson. He sat with his hands folded neatly in front of him, his posture perfect. He's very, what's the word, sophistcated maybe? I couldn't put my finger on it but I liked it. He was very charming too. Brendon was a nice change around here.