2.2

Listen, I know my writing is bad, but you guys read this anyway & that means the world to me. Thank you so so much for 3.k reads. I'm in awe.

3,448 words

|the mcu world|

Chris' POV

"You should go, Steve." Bucky snaps harshly, tossing me my jacket. He's standing far back from me, avoiding my gaze. He hasn't bothered to put his shirt back on yet, causing him to cross his arms over his chest. He's closing himself off to me. It shouldn't hurt as bad as it does.

I put my jacket on, but I don't leave quite yet. I can't. Not after what happened between us. Fuck Steve getting his girlfriend knocked up, Bucky comes first. I take a step towards him, he takes a step back, "Just go, Steve." He says again, sighing softly, casting his eyes to the floor.

He won't even look at me. Goddamn, this hurts. "I meant everything I said." I try to remind him, still stepping towards him. His eyes remain on the floor, but he doesn't move back anymore, "Buck, please just talk to me." I plead, sucking in a deep breath, "I'll do anything."

He slowly raises his head. The anger and heartache laced within his darkened blue eyes makes my blood run cold. I've only seen this level of negative emotion when Seb was playing the winter soldier. I don't like it directed at me for real, no acting involved. I feel lightheaded. I don't back down though, I won't. He nods his head, lips pressed together in a thin line, "You should go. I don't want you here."

My heart is breaking, I can feel it, like all the strings are being ripped apart inside me. My breathing is getting increasingly uneven the longer I force myself to hold back my tears, "That isn't true." My voice cracks.

He frowns, something inside his eyes flickering, the color turning lighter, "Steve, go meet your girlfriend. You don't have to waste your time with me anymore, not while you got the perfect family waiting." He says bitterly, rubbing his face with his hand, his metal one twitching at his side. "Everything you've ever wanted." He tiredly mumbles.

I make a bold move, taking the metallic hand and placing it to my chest, just over where my heart is, "You said this arm is apart of you, that it works the same as your other, right?" I whisper, meeting his cold and distant eyes, that seem to look right through me.

He nods, metal fingers brushing against my chest, "What about it?" His arm remains there.

"Can you feel my heart beating?" I ask, sighing softly. He nods, metallic palm pressing against my chest, "As long as my heart beats, I will always choose you. Not Sharon, not Peggy. You." I vow, meaning it way more than I should. I can lie and tell myself I'm doing this for Steve, and yeah, I'm am, but God knows I'm doing it for my own selfish reasons too. I love Bucky Barnes. I love his constant mood swings and extremely fragile heart that he's let me hold in the palm of my hand since I arrived here. I love his cocky smirk and playful laugh that only I get to hear. He's one of the most beautiful things I've ever touched, and I love him. He isn't mine, I know that. I'm doomed to not have either of them, but I'll be damned if I don't help him end up with Steve. "I choose you."

His expression softens, eyes scanning my face, "You don't mean that." He denies, shaking his head, "You'll walk out that door and change your mind. That's what you do, Steve. You leave, always expecting I'll be here when you get back. Well not anymore, I'm done with it. You walk out the door today, I won't be here when you get back." He promises, a challenging tone to his voice that I don't want to defy. It's an ultimatum. He thinks I'm going to leave. His arm drops to his side.