How Dumb Are These People

Mary's POV
I was sitting at a table with Dean and Kara, Sam was getting us drinks. "There you go." Sam said setting down coffee for him and Dean, and hot chocolate for Kara and I. "Anthony Giles." Dean said showing us the newspaper he was reading. "Who's Anthony Giles?" Sam and I asked. "He's a Baltimore lawyer. Working late in his office, check it out." Kara said reading the description. "Uh... throat was slit, room was clean. Huh. No DNA, no prints." Sam said reading it. "Keep reading, it gets better." Dean said smirking. "Security cameras failed to capture footage of the assailant." I said. "So either somebody tampered with the tapes --." Kara said. "Or it's an invisible killer." Sam said. "My favorite kind. What do you think, Scully? You wanna check it out?" Dean said. "You better mean him." I said pointing to Sam Kara nodded. "I'm not Scully, you're Scully." Sam said. "No, I'm Mulder. You're a red-headed woman." Dean said. I rolled my eyes we got in the impala and we got to the wife's, Karen's, house. We knocked and she answered. "Hi were with the insurance company." Dean said. Karen let us in and we were sitting on the couch. "Insurance. I totally forgot about the insurance." Karen said. "We're very sorry to bother you right now, but the company is required to conduct its own investigation. You understand." Sam said. "Sure." Karen said. "Okay. Um. If you could just tell us anything you remember about the night your husband died." Kara said. "Uh, Tony and I were just supposed to have dinner. He called and said he was having computer troubles and that, that he had to work late. That was it." Karen said. "Do you have any idea who could have done this to him?" I asked. "No. No, it's like I told the police, I, I have no idea." Karen said. "Did Tony mention anything, you know, unusual to you? In the days before his death?" Dean asked. "Unusual?" Karen asked. "Yeah, like strange?" I asked. "Strange?" Karen asked shaking her head. "You know, Karen, weird? Weird noises, uh, visions, anything like that?" Kara asked. Sam gave us a look. "He had a nightmare the day before he died." Karen said. "What kind of a nightmare?" Sam asked. "Uh, he said that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was a woman standing at the foot of the bed, he blinked and she was gone, I mean, it was just a nightmare." Karen said. "Did he say what she looked like?" Dean asked knowing Anthony didn't dream it. "What the hell difference does it make what she looked like?" Karen asked. "Uh, it's just, our, our company's very thorough." Kara said. "He said she was pale, and she had dark red eyes." Karen said. We gave Karen a hug. We left and we shared a look. "Let's break into his office maybe we'll find something in there. We got there and it was early night. "Okay Mae pick the lock." Dean said. "I know I can't kick in doors anymore." I said sadly. I picked the lock with one of my bobby-pins. We got in. "Hey. Anthony Giles' body was found right about here." Sam said showing us the outline of a body. "Throat slit so deep part of his spinal cord was visible." I said reading the paper. "What do you think? Vengeful spirit? Underlining vengeful?" Kara said to us. "Yeah, maybe. I mean he did see that woman at the foot of his bed." Sam said. "Take a look at this." Dean said picking up a sheet of paper. "Dana Shulps. A name?" Sam asked. "I dunno, but it's everywhere. Well, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Dean saidI smacked him upside the head which was hard considering my brothers have one or two feet and a couple inches on me. Kara shined her flashlight on the window and we saw DANASHULPS. "Wow. I'd say we've officially crossed over into weird." Kara said. "No kiding." I said. "Maybe Giles knew her." Dean said. "Or maybe it's the name of our pale red-eyed mystery girl." Sam said. I left the place with Kara to the motel since we weren't needed. I was sitting on the bed trying to find a D. Shulps and nothing. We saw Sam come in. "Did Dean come here?" Sam asked. "We thought he was with you." Kara said. "Nope he went to see Karen you'd think he'd be done." Sam said. "Maybe Karen remembered something." I said. Sam nodded. We soon heard loud footsteps and suddenly the door was broken in and we saw the cops. What did dean do? I was being handcuffed with Sam and Kara. We were in the cop car and we got to the station and I was put in a room with no one just like when Dean and I got arrested a year ago. "Hmm your brother is a convicted felon and somehow died but was resurrected." A cop said. I stayed silent. "Got anything to say kid." The cop said. I kept silent. "Listen young lady your brother is in trouble and we need you to talk." The cop said like I was a baby. "I was told not to talk to strangers and I'm not wearing a diaper." I shot back. "Well I'm Officer Norman and I'm guessing Mary Isla Winchester." Officer Norman said. "No I'm Princess Sugar plum of Fairyville." I said smirking. "Listen kid your brother is in trouble can you just tell us everything you know." Officer Norman said. "Fine my older brother didn't kill a man and can I have some water?" I asked.
Officer Norman's POV
I sighed this little girl will be tough she believes her brother is innocent and she is very sarcastic and knows how to push the buttons of an officer, something an eleven year old should know how to do. I got a water for her from a vending machine, since she was probably innocent. "You getting anywhere with him?" Diana asked Pete. "No. Just a lot of wise-ass remarks. You?" Pete asked. "Sam's story matches Dean's to the last detail. What's about you Norman with the young girl?" Diana asked. "She believes her brother is innocent and wise-ass remarks." I said I saw Tiffany, who was interrogating their friend Kara Jones, come in. "I got nothing out of the girl other then she knows nothing of Dean killing those girls." Tiffany said. I walked back to Mary's interrogation room and saw her writing something on a notepad.
Mary's POV
Dana Shulps had to be an anagram. I tried figuring it out writing it down. "I got you water want to tell me why your brother was in a house late a night?" Officer Norman said. "To see if Karen was okay, he didn't kill anyone." I said. "Listen kid we need you tell the truth." Officer Norman said. "I am." I said fiercely, I'm done being nice. "Kid we need you to tell the truth." Officer Norman said his voice raising a bit. "It is the truth." I said. "Kid your brother's case doesn't look good so just tell the god damn truth!" Officer Norman yelled. "Well I am telling the truth you're just to dumb to know it!" I yelled back. Soon it was us yelling back and forth about my brother being innocent it went on for about an hour. "Just tell us he killed them!" Officer Norman yelled standing up. "He didn't kill anyone he's innocent!" I yelled back standing up. "If he didn't then who did!" Officer Norman yelled probably not wanting an answer. "A pisssd off spirit!" I yelled. "Kid your lying!" Officer Norman yelled. "I was told not to yell to the police!" I yelled. "Kid what will make you tell the truth." Officer Norman said. I saw Sam at the window since how the seating was I was facing the window. He pointed that I needed to get out. "Get me a cookie and I'll tell you everything you want to know." I said. He left. I had the keys he had since I pickpocketed him. I locked the door and opened the window and was standing on the ledge and scooted to the fire escape I saw a paper that said, HILTS —
IT'S A STREET ASHLAND.
-MCQUEEN
I smiled since I knew it was Dean. I put the paper in my pocket and ran to Ashland. I found Sam. "Got out?" He asked. "Just told the guy to get me a cookie." I said. "Smart idea." He said. I nodded. We were now in the motel I was looking at the desk for papers. Ballard came in earlier knowing we were innocent. "These showed up after you saw it?" Sam asked. "Yeah, I guess." Ballard said. "All right. You're going to have to tell us exactly what you saw." I said. "You know, I must be losing my mind. You two are fugitives. I should be arresting you two." Ballard said. "Hey I didn't do anything illegal." I said. "All right. Well, you know what? You can arrest us later, all right? After you live through this. But right now you've gotta talk to us. Okay?" Sam asked. She nodded. "Okay, great. Now, this spirit. What did it look like?" I asked. "She was, um, really pale, and her throat was cut, and her eyes, they were like, this deep dark red? It appeared like she was trying to talk to me. But she couldn't. It was just... a lot of blood." Ballard said. "You know what? Here. I've been researching every girl that's ever died or gone missing from Ashland Street." I said. "How'd you get those? Those are from crime scenes, and booking photos." Ballard said looking at me suspiciously. "You have your job, we have ours. Here. We need you to look through these, tell us if you recognize anyone." Sam said. Ballard looked through the pictures. "This is her. I'm sure of it." Ballard said. "Claire Becker? Twenty eight years old, disappeared about eight or nine months ago." I said. "But I don't even know her. I mean, why would she come after me?" Ballard said. "Well, before her death, she was arrested twice. For dealing heroin. You ever work narcotics?" Sam asked. "Yeah, Pete and I did. Before Homicide." Ballard said. "You ever bust her?" I asked. "Not that I remember." Ballard said. "It says that she was last seen entering 2911 Ashland Street. Police searched the place, didn't find anything. Guess we gotta check it out ourselves. See if we can find her body." Sam said. "What?" Ballard asked. "Well, we gotta salt and burn her bones. It's the only way to put her spirit to rest." I said. "Of course it is." Ballard said. I smiled. We were now in the warehouse with flashlights looking around. "So what exactly are we looking for?" Ballard asked. "I'll let you know when we find it." Sam said we split up I was with Ballard. We saw Claire. "Sam? Sam? Sam!" Ballard yelled for Sam. Claire disappeared right as Sam ran up to us. "Hey! Hey, I'm here, what is it? What happened?" Ballard asked. "Claire." I said simply. "Where?" Sam asked. "She, she was here." Ballard said. "Did she attack you?" Sam asked. "No. No, she was just like, reaching out to me. She was over there by the window." Ballard said. I saw the window was blocked by a shelving unit. I started pushing it. "Here, help me move this." I said. Sam and Ballard helped me move it. I saw from the window Ashland Supplies. "Our little mystery word." Ballard said. "Now the extra letters make sense." I said. Sam pulled out his EMF meter and looked around the walls. "What is that?" Ballard asked. "Spirits and certain remains give off electromagnetic frequencies." I said. "So if Claire's body was here, that would indicate that?" Ballard asked. "Yeah. Well, that's the theory." Sam said. It started going crazy at a brick wall. I got two sledgehammers and handed one to Sam. We started breaking through it. Once we got a sizeable hole Sam looked in it. "Yeah. Yeah, there's definitely something in there." Sam said. I hit more bricks down with the sledgehammer. "Okay Mae put the sledgehammer down." Sam said. I tossed it away and started taking the bricks away with my elbows and fists. "You know? This is bothering me." I said noticing Claire isn't attacking us. "Well, you are digging up a corpse." Ballard said. "No, not that." I said. "That's, uh, that's pretty par for the course, actually." Sam said. "Then what?" Ballard asked. "It's just, I mean, no vengeful spirit I've ever tussled with wanted to be wasted, so why the hell would Claire lead us to her remains? It doesn't make any sense." I said and finally broke the wall and saw a body wrapped in shroud. "All right, here. Give me a hand." I said Sam and Ballard helped me. Sam unwrapped it and we saw her wrists bruised. "Her wrists. Yeah, they'd be bruised just like yours?" Sam said. Ballard noticed the necklace. "That necklace mean something to you?" I asked. "I've seen it before. It's rare. It was custom made over on Carson street. I have one just like it. Pete gave it to me." Ballard said holding her necklace. "Now this all makes perfect sense." Sam said. "I'm sorry?" Ballard asked. "Yeah. You see, Claire is not a vengeful spirit, she's a death omen." Sam said. "Excuse me?" Ballard asked, confused. "Claire's not killing anyone. She's trying to warn them. You see, sometimes spirits, they don't want vengeance, they want justice. Which is why she led us here in the first place. She wants us to know who her killer is." I explained. "Detective, how much do you know about your partner?" Sam asked. "Oh my god." Ballard said thinking of something. "What?" Sam and I asked in unison. "About a year ago, some heroin went missing from lockup. Obviously it was a cop. We never found out who did it. But whoever did it would need someone to fence their product." Ballard said to us. "Someone like a heroin dealer. Somebody like Claire." I said. We were now in Ballard's car as she was driving. "All right. Thanks." Ballard said hanging up her phone. "What is it?" Sam asked. "Pete just left the precinct. With Dean and Kara." Ballard said. "What?" Sam asked. "He said the prisoner had to be transfered, and he just took them." Ballard said. "How dumb are these people?" I asked. "Dispatch has been calling but he won't answer the radio." Ballard said ignoring me. "Radio? He took a county vehicle?" Sam asked. "Yeah." Ballard said. "Well, then they should have a lo-jack, you've just gotta get it turned on." I said. Ballard was able to turn it on. We got to the clearing and saw Pete ready to shoot Dean and Kara. "Pete! Put the gun down." Ballard said raising her gun. "Diana? How'd you find me?" Pete asked. "I know about Claire." Ballard said. "I don't know what you're talking about." Pete said. "Put the gun down!" Ballard yelled. "Oh, I don't think so. You're fast. I'm pretty sure I'm faster." Pete said. "Why are you doing this?" Ballard asked. "I didn't do anything, Diana." Pete said. "It's a little late for that." Ballard said. "It wasn't my fault. Claire was trying to turn me in, I had no choice." Pete said. "And Tony? Karen?" I asked wanting to know. "Same thing! Tony scrubbed the money, he got skittish, and then he wanted to come clean. I'm sure he told Karen everything." Pete said. Sam, Kara, Dean, and I shared a look that said let's get out of here but Kara shook her head. "It was a mess; I had to clean it up. I just panicked." Pete said. "How many more people are gonna die over this, Pete?" Ballard asked. "There's a way out. This Dean kid's a friggin' gift. We could pin the whole thing on him. Right? No trial, nothing. Just, just one more dead scumbag." Pete said. "Hey!" Dean said. "My bff." I asked. "She would turn me in I had to leave no traces." Pete said. "Rude!" Kara yelled. Pete pointed the gun at them and they shut up. "No one will question it. Diana, please. I still love you. Thank you. Thank you." Pete said as Ballard lowered her gun. Pete turned around and we heard gunshots and we saw Officer Norman come out. "You are an asshole." He said. Pete went to tackle Norman but Claire showed up scared Pete and Ballard shot him to die. "Then why don't you buy me another necklace, you ass?" Ballard said. "Now that he's dead I can do this." Norman said and kissed Ballard. I helped Kara and Dean up. It was soon morning and Ballard and Norman were looking at a dead Pete. "You doin' all right?" I asked. "Not really." Ballard said. "The death omen Claire. What happens to her now?" Norman asked worried about Ballard. "Should be over. She should be at rest." Sam said. "So, uh. What now, officers?" Dean asked. "Pete did confess to me. He screwed up both your cases royally. I'd say that there's a good chance that we could get your cases dismissed." Ballard said. "You'd take care of that for us?" Kara asked. "We hope so. But the St. Louis murder charges? That's another story. we can't help you. Unless...  we just happened to turn our backs, and you four walked away. We could just tell them that the suspects escaped." Norman said. "Wait, are you two sure?" Sam asked. I smacked his arm. "Yeah, they're sure, Sam." I said. "No, it's just, he means, you two could lose your jobs over something like that." Kara said. "Look, I just want you guys out there doing what you do best. Trust me, I'll sleep better at night. Listen, you need to watch your back. They're gonna be looking for both of you right now. Get out of here. I gotta radio this in." Ballard said. "Hey, uh, you two wouldn't happen to know where my car is, by chance?" Dean asked. "It's at the impound yard down on Robertson. Don't... even think about it." Norman said knowing what Dean was thinking. "it's okay, it's all right, don't worry. We'll, uh, we'll just improvise. I mean, we're pretty good at that." Sam said. "Yeah. We've noticed." Norman said. We walked down the road. "Nice lady." Sam and I said. "Yeah, for a cop. Did she look familiar to you?" Dean asked Sam. "No, why?" Sam asked and then shoved him. "I don't know." Dean said. "Anyway, are you guys hungry?" Kara asked. "No." I said. "For some reason I could really go for some pea soup." Dean said. We got the car and left the state.

A\N:New chapter and I'm soon gonna be sixteen years old.