4 months later ....

(Hey guys how your still enjoying the book. Remember to comment and share and follow my page for updates ! Sorry for any grammatical errors I'm writing on my phone in between work so bare with me 🥰 love y'all )

Genesis

After graduation

Walking across the stage was the most proud I've been of my self in a long time. These past few months were the hardest. Everyday has been the same routine. Darren stays the night during the week at my house and takes me to school leaving the business to be ran by Jaycion all night . We sneak a few phone calls in just to remind each other that we good and gonna work around this bullshit. When I get out of school Jaycion picks me up and chill with me through out the day until Darren comes to pick me up when he's done handling his part of the business. At first it was a little overwhelming, smothering actually but after awhile I adjusted. 3 peas in a fuckin pod. 2 weeks after the situation happened the streets were silent no one knew where he went again. This nigga a fuckin Houdini. I'm kinda relieved because even though he did some fuck shit no one deserves to die. Especially when it was our fault he all fucked up in the head. They prolly knocked a few screws loose. Pulling up to my house I scream. The house is surround by cars and I hear loud music coming from the inside. My mom turns to me and says "congratulations baby girl," I get out the car and head in the house. When I open the door I hear "SURPISE!" Being yelled at me . My family and friends crowd me and hug me. 2 people that stand out to me are my sisters LeeLee and Ambi. My fathers daughters and the only 2 that have anything to do with me. His wife and kids know I exist but choose to ignore it. Choose to keep up the the Cosby family image which is okay with me because I get paid for it . But these two have been right there with me. We are around the same age with Ambilynn being 3 months older than me and Lyneah )LeeLee being 2 years younger than me. We were raised as "best friends" going to the same private schools, day cares and social events . I run to them and embrace them.

"You did it sissy yassss ," Lyneah says into my ear as I pull away. She looks for like me than Ambi because we both look like our dad whereas Ambi looks like her ma.

"How have you been really ?" Ambi asks me while holding onto my hands. I called her that night shit went down once I got home and cried to her for hours. I cried for Xavier, I cried for myself , and I cried for all the possibilities on how many people could get hurt. I cried for my brother because he's still in the room with his dad in his mind instead of living. I explained to her how things were going and that okay . She looks past me and smiles. Turning around I spot who she's looking at . Jaycion.

My baby looks good . She had on this black dress that stopped right above her knees. Black sandals with a gold anklet. The 14 carat gold chain I gave her with a diamond studded heart is around her neck with the matching earrings. I gave it to her last night for a graduation present and it looks so fucking good on her . Over the past few months I've fallen in love with her. I can't see my life without her that's how I know I can't rest until I know that nigga down and fuckin out. Ever since her brother told me that shit about when they were kids we've grown closer. That my nigga. But I know soon if we don't tel him about us , he'll find out, and it won't go well for no one. She walks over to me and gives me a tight but short hug and smiles at me. Shortly after her brother walks up and wraps his arm around her shoulders .
"If I can get everyone's attention I need everyone to go outside , there's a surprise outside for my sis from her god parents who couldn't be here today."

Whenever he says god parents I know he means my dad. Whenever I get a big gift that people know my mom can't afford or shouldn't afford we say it's from my god parents that no one ever met. He blind folds me with a scarf and leads me outside . I hear cheers and a bunch of "damn girls" and my heart is skipping beats . He unties the scarf and my jaw drops. The grey S- class Mercedes Benz that I was looking at months ago is sitting in my yard with a big red bow on the hood . Attached to it was a congratulations card from him saying how proud he was of me and sorry he couldn't make it but hope the car makes up for it. It damn sure did. The sweat and tears I poured out these months past was worth it . All for this moment. I want to celebrate it the right way because there is 2 announcements I need to make to my family and one will. Revealed now. Without a second thought I turn to Jaycion and kiss him. He tenses up at first but then wraps his arms around me kissing me back . Everyone gets quiet and I pull away to come face to face with my brother. His jaw clenched and eyes squinted he tries to understand what just happened. I step away from Jay and as I did that Darren pulls a gun out and points it at Jay's head. In that moment I had to protect the man I loved. I grab Jaycion's hand before he can reach for his gun and I step in front of him putting my body in between my brother and my man.
"Darren look at me. Enough is enough . I love him him and he loves me, that should be enough for you ." I start to cry not because I'm scared. I know he'lol never pull the trigger around this many people , I cry because I'm hoping it'll calm him down some. His weakness has always been my tears. He slowly looks down at me and back up at Jaycion.
"Shes my sister. You suppose to be my homie. You suppose to have been protecting her! Instead you start fuckin with her!" He steps closer and put my hands up against his chest gently pushing him back .

"Aye Look bro it won't suppose to be like this. We were waiting for the right time to tell you but what's done is done. She not just another female to me. I love her bro." That's all I could think to say in this moment. I know he won't shoot me. I can see he's more hurt than mad and he has every right to be. That's the only reason I'm letting him point a damn gun at me. The tension is thick. The silence is suffocating. But nothing prepares me for what I hear next. Gen looks at me and smiles and turns back at her brother and says "you can't kill him D. If you Do, who will help raise our baby?"