A Hollow Victory

He could hear her screaming and crying. The sound was so much louder than the others, and drilled into his head. Antisepticeye winced and looked around at his work: they were in Dr Schneeplestein’s operating theatre, and they were all there, green strings tied around their wrists and neck. They all hung limply, and even Chase Brody had stopped screaming and struggling.

It had happened so quickly: Antisepticeye had finally lured all of the ego's into one place and his attack had started, his green strings wrapping round all of them tightly.

Unfortunately, she had wandered into the room too, bringing with her innocent curiosity. Anti hadn't noticed at all, as he had giggled and taunted a screaming Chase.

‘Stop yelling, your kids can't hear ya!’ He had screeched, amused. Chase had kept crying until he'd looked past Anti, confused.

‘What is it puppet?’ Anti had growled, and turned to face...her. There she was, just like the others, tied up by his strings and had tears streaked down her face. His long pointed ears had flattened, and he was sure he had paled as he went up to her, almost on autopilot.

‘...I’m so sorry...I didn't mean to’, he had muttered sadly, gently stroking her cheek. She'd leant into his hand and pleaded.

‘Please...why....?’, she had sobbed. Anti just shook his head.

‘I can't control this...I’m so sorry...’ For once, Anti was telling the truth: once he saw an opportunity, his body just took over and he couldn't do anything to stop it or remove it.

So, here she was, one of his puppets.

It should've been a victory...but it was a hollow victory.

He looked at her with dread and regret as he knew what he had to do next. But he didn't want to. It would happen to all of them. Even her.

After what seemed like an eternity, he sighed heavily and his eyes glowed bright green. The egos eyes' behind him started glowing green with him, and she started screaming and crying as hers did the same. All he could do was apologise over and over again as his possession took over effortlessly. Eventually that terrible sound stopped, and she stared back at him blankly. He sadly kissed her cheek.

‘I love you...’