Chapter 1

Shania's P.O.V.

It was a foggy morning in Las Vegas and I still didn't feel like home.
I strolled down the blocks really not going anywhere. It was Saturday morning and I gladly had nothing planned for the day.
I got lost in the city lights, the noise and faces, drifting off into daydreaming. Damn Vegas doesn't have a single thing in common with my Kentucky home, I thought.

I was suprised by some raindrops falling on my head, seconds later it was raining like hell. Never thought it would rain that hard in Nevada, the state sure catched me off  guard with that weather.

I ran into a little bakery shop on the other side of the street and looked outside in shock. "You should come visit when it's monsoon season", the waitress laughed, "Want a coffee ?"
"Yeah, can I get a Latte and one croissant please ?" "Sure.....here.", she said and handed me my breakfast.
I paid for it and sat down at a little table in a cozy corner of the shop.

Adam's P.O.V.

"Yeah Matt I'm almost there...what do you mean? No I'm not stuck in traffic, I'm walking..", Matt laughed so loud that I had to put the phone away from my ear. "What do you mean you're walking ? What's wrong with you man have you never been to Vegas before ? When are you planning to get here ? Next week ?"
"No I stayed at the hotel and the guy there said-Wait what the hell it's raining!?"
"Well whatever dude just try to be here soon alright?" "Aha", I said and ended the call.
It started pouring so I jumped into the closest shop. With a grin on my face I realised it was a bakery.
Mhmmm that smelled delicious, the perfect time for a second breakfast I told myself. I wouldn't get to the arena anyways while it's raining like that.

I ordered some food and a coffee and sat down near the window. I loved to hear the rain it reminded me of my home. My thoughts went back to that dream I had had so I looked away and met a pair of eyes from across the room...

They were that special kind of brown just like....oh hell no, I told myself, I sure wouldn't be going crazy with just 28 years old. That wasn't destiny or anything. It was a total coincidence and I would've probably thought the exact same thing if I had seen any other girl with brown eyes... just because my mind was making stupid stories up didn't mean I had to give into them.

Yet I caughed myself staring at her and yet I got up from my chair when she packed up to leave even though I still had food on my plate.