Chapter 2

Shania's P.O.V.

I went back outside but it didn't last long and it began to rain harder again. I found a little dry place underneath the awning of a thrift shop and looked miserable at my sorroundings. This should've been my little free day and now it was all floating down the toilet.
"Ooh excuse me ma'am.", a guy said while stepping next to me underneath the awning, he put his hands in the pockets of his green army jacket. "Whoo", he cleared his throat, "I would've never imagined it to be like THAT in Vegas."
"Yeah, me neither.", I replied shyly while noticing his southern accent. I looked down at my boots and realised that I had seen the guy just a moment ago in the bakery down the road. I was glad I wasn't the only one who was caught off guard by the sudden weather change.
"Where you from ?", he asked grinning down at me, "If I may ask."
"Umm Kentucky.", I said smiling.
"So you're from the south too. I thought so. I'm from Virginia."
"We're practically neighbours.", I laughed still a bit confused about that out of nowhere conversation. But hey my Mamma raised me a polite girl, I was also not really mad about being trapped underneith this thing here with the guy.

You could really see from a far that he was a southern guy. I mean yeah he wore boots and all but that wasn't it. It was just in the way he carried himself, only a southern country guy would.
To my shame I had to admit that I was kinda starstruck by his beautiful blue eyes. The rest wasn't bad either. His blonde hair was curly and rested right above his shoulders and he smiled genuinly.
He laughed "Don't you think it's a bit weird how everything is so hectic here ? And all the big lights and stuff ?"
"Yeah. Takes a little to get used to it...or a little more.", I grinned.
It got quiet for a while and I looked at the rain crashing down.
"I forgot to introduce myself.", he said turning back to me, "I'm Adam"
He shook my hand and I couldn't help but notice his eyes again. Just something in my gut told me that I could trust him.
"Shania."
"So Shania. How about we grab a drink over there.", he said pointing to a little bar on the other side of the road, "We're stuck anyways. I mean if you don't have any other plans."
"Sure. I mean...yeah why not ?"
"Well then.", he smiled and his eyes lightened up.
We ducked our heads in and ran over. The traffic was kinda stuck so it was easy, yet I felt his hand near my back, protecting me but not even touching my jacket.

He held the door open and I got in. "I feel like I'm soaking wet.", I laughed.

"You two better sit down over there.", the owner said, "Right next to the heaters."

We sat down in the little cozy corner. The lights were dimmed and we both ordered a coke.

(So here's chapter 2. Hope you guys all enjoyed it.)