18. Testing

"What do you think your doing" I say watching him carefully

"Do you want me to stop?" He says watching me carefully. Before I can even think of an answer I hear Luke yell my name from up at the house and I immediately kick away from Levi.

Luke than walks outside and sees us down in the water before walking down towards us.

"Come in" I yell up to him as he makes it down to the shore line

"It's freezing" he says looking at me like I'm crazy

"It not" I say but just as I do the heat disappears out of the water and it's freezing again. I look over at Levi but he acts like nothing changed.

"The hell it isn't" Luke laughs

"Your right it's too cold" I say after a moment standing up and walking out. If Levi's gunna be petty so am I.

I can feel Levi's eyes all over me as I walk up the beach beside Luke who hasn't taken his eyes off me either. I feel very exposed right now and I'm almost certain my boobs are very visible. Fuck my life. Wouldn't be the first time.

"Watch yourself" I hear Levi say in warning to Luke as he gets up out of the water and walks towards his clothes.

"You watch yourself" Luke says after a moment as Levi pulls up his pants and begins doing up his belt.

"Excuse me" Levi says now walking towards me and Luke

"You heard me" Luke says back firmly and within seconds hes down on the ground groaning in pain as Levi's veins glow red.

"Stop it!" I yell stepping in between them before grabbing Levi's wrists to stop him.

Moments later Levi stops and Luke stops groaning and is able to stand back up.

"You're chicken shit you know that, you always fall back on your powers but if we fought fist to fist you wouldn't stand a chance" Luke says aggravating Levi.

"You actually somehow believe that don't you?" Levi laughs moving closer towards Luke and I have to push him back.

"Stop!" I say trying to get them to separate.

"No lets go, right now" Luke says pulling his shirt off and throwing it up the beach before lifting his fists up.

"Char move" Levi says moving around me and lifting his fists too.

"No powers, no healing, we go tell one of us can't anymore" Luke says setting the rules. I step back still yelling at them to stop when Luke takes the first swing but misses and Levi hits him right in the throat making Luke fall back and gasp for air on the sand.

"Levi Stop!" I yell but Luke gets back up and they start again.

I watch in horror as Luke and Levi beat each other up, I watch as Luke gets a few good shots in and Levi's nose starts to bleed, dripping down onto his chest. Levi than gets Luke in a headlock and begins kneeing him and punching him in the gut and chest.

Luke manages to get out and begins getting a few good ones in on Levi before the tables turn again and Levi starts to take power, they are honestly a good match for each other's strength.

I watch as Levi gets Luke pinned down under him and starts punching him hard in the face making him bloody. I start crying as I watch in horror, what the hell wont they just stop?!

Levi than looks up at me for a second and loses his hold on Luke and Luke is able to flip it again so he's on top. I watch as Levi basically gives up and doesn't even try as Luke starts beating him bloody, what is he doing?! He just stares over at me as Luke continues to punch his head into the sand.

"Stop! Luke! Stop!" I scream running over and pulling him off of Levi. Did I really just stop Luke? What is happening?

"Can't take it?!" Luke yells. "That's it?!" He says looking down at Levi but Levi doesn't respond.

"you know what, fuck you. I'm taking a shower, you better remember this boy" Luke says after Levi doesn't respond before walking up the beach back to the house.

"Are you okay?" Levi asks me sitting up

"What?!" I say looking at his bloody face and chest

"Are you okay?" He says standing up now.

"Am I okay? Look at you?!" I say confused

He walks towards me and stops just inches in front of me before reaching up and wiping a tear from my cheek.

"I shouldn't have done that, not with you here, I'm sorry" he says with sadness in his voice.

"Why did you give up?" I say still so confused confused

"Not worth it" he says softly staring into my eyes. Is he okay?

"Not worth what?" I say again confused

"Hurting you" he says moving his finger down from my cheek, along my jaw to my chin for a moment before dropping his hand and walking towards his shirt and picking it up.

"C'mon, it's cold" he says before walking up the beach back to the door we came out through.

I follow behind and shut the door as I watch him walk towards the bathroom and look in the mirror.

"Shit" I hear him say as he sees all the blood. "Can you grab me a cloth" he says and I grab one off the table and walk towards him. He then touches his nose and hisses in pain.

"Just heal yourself!" I say running the cloth under warm water as he looks at himself in the mirror at the damage.

"I lost, I shouldn't be able to" he says as I hand him the cloth.

"You gave up, it's different" I say as I watch him press the cloth against his nose and him react in pain.

"Your doing it too hard!" I say frustrated as I watch him do it wrong.

"I'm not exactly use to this" he says looking at me

"Here" I say grabbing the cloth from him. "Your too tall, sit over there" I say pointing to the side of the bathtub.

He walks over and sits down as I follow him and softly rest the warm cloth against his face to clean it. He hisses every now and again as I hit more and more sensitive spots that are already starting to bruise but he lets me continue as I wipe away most of the blood. I go over and rinse the cloth before coming back and wiping away the blood on his chest and stomach. He watches me intensely as I wipe it all away and I can feel that intensity in the atmosphere again.

"What" I say looking up at him as he stares down at me.

"You're so beautiful" he says softly

"Feeling lightheaded are we?" I say grinning as I go back to wipe his nose and he hisses again.

"He definitely broke your nose" I say

"Really? Hadn't noticed" he says back making me grin.

I finish up and drop the cloth in the sink and when I turn around his face is healed?

"You healed yourself?" I say confused

"Well of course" he says standing up

"Then what was the point of all that?" I say lost? Why did I have to be so careful if he was just gunna do that.

"Just had to test something" he says grinning before walking out of the bathroom