1. Walls

I really hate putting files in ABC order. I sigh quietly and place all the H folders right after the G's an then I begin to sort through the I's. I've been sorting files since eight this morning, and it's more than likely around noon right now. I know that isn't that long, but when all you've been doing all morning is putting files about people's money in ABC order, it feels like you've been doing it for days.

I work at Raymond James Financial and basically we work in investment and financial planning, and sometimes we do investment banking and asset management. It's in Hollywood, Florida.

"Daniel?" I hear my boss call. I peek my head over my cubicle and peek at his door. His feet are on his desk. "Why aren't you on lunch yet?" Mr. Stone asks.

Frowning, I look at the time and my eyes widen.

It is further in noon than I thought it was...

The clock reads 12:34.

"I just got caught up, I guess."

"I guess you can just take the rest of the day off." He shrugs.

"Are you sure, sir?" I ask.

"I am quite sure, Daniel. Go on and take the rest of the day to yourself. Get a nice lay, you know?"

I smile a bit. He's a nut-job and probably the best boss anyone could have.

"Thanks." I say, setting my work carefully in my desk. I lock all of my drawers after grabbing my phone and wallet and keys. I stand up and shove them in the pockets of my blue jeans and head for the elevator. I press floor one and when the doors shut, I hold down the door close button.

Most people don't know this but if you're in an elevator and you don't want to stop at every floor, hold down door close and it'll skip all of the waiting floors and go right to yours.

The elevator slides open smoothly on floor one and I head out.

Here at Raymond James, I have to dress business casual. Today I wear tan Sperry's, blue jeans, a blue and white plaid button up and a tan suit jacket.

I am so glad I'm not a woman so I don't have to waste my time in the morning putting on makeup...

I live in the adjoining neighborhood to this one so I walk to work instead of wasting gas. My house has the ocean lapping up against my back patio and there's a dock connected to it. I don't have a boat because I really just can't afford something that I won't use. Down the road is the beach though.

I head out of the parking lot, and when I hit the sidewalk, I notice a large crowd across the street and some news vans and paramedics and police officers and firemen.

Well what could that be?

I stop walking, frowning.

I get my lunch from a store that is in that direction...

I guess I'll stop along the way. I like action. Who doesn't, right?

I look for cars and then jaywalk. The cops across the street aren't paying attention to me anyways.

I walk up next to a cop and he casts me a sideways glance.

"What's this about?" I ask.

In answer, he points up at a tall apartment building.

I follow his finger and my eyes rest on a girl, who is standing at the edge of a railing balcony three stories up. She's wearing a ratty white t-shirt and faded blue jeans. She has red hair and it looks as if she's crying, but I can't tell.