3. Alcohol and Nicknames

"It's not too late to go home!" Emily says chirpily as me and Mitchell, who apologized, and Luther, and Aria, and Brianna pull into the park that is flooded with Emily's adopted family.

She got sick earlier from nerves.

The reunion is at some park that seriously looks like the scene of a murder. There is so many people here.

"You can do this." I say, grabbing her hand.

It's Saturday anyways, so no work today.

She looks at us with fear.

"We'll bitch people out for you." Mitchell says cheerfully.

"You guys don't have to pretend to be my friend." She says.

"We aren't pretending." Luther says.

"Let's just go." Aria says. "Stay strong and we'll tell people off for you. This happy thoughs."

She runs her fingers through her red hair and sighs nervously before nodding. I get out and shut my door and then go to the other side and open Emily's door. I let her out and shuts her door and link my fingers through hers. Our friend get out and people stare.

"This is a really bad idea." Emily whispers. "Let's go." She looks at me pleadingly. "Don't make me do this." She's staring right into my brown eyes with her gray ones. She looks like she could cry. I hug her and plant a kiss on her cheek.

"Listen," I whisper, my lips brushing her ear. "It's going to be fine. I'm going to stay with you the whole entire time. I won't even let go of your hand if you don't want me to."

"Don't. Please don't." she whispers.

"It'll be fine." I repeat, staring right into her eyes.

She nods hesitantly and we all exchange looks and head right over to the crowd. Her grip on my hand is deathly.

A woman with grayish brown hair and shit brown eyes walks over to us. "Emily." She says. "Who's this?"

"My boyfriend." She says.

"I'm her mother." She says in a sickly sweet voice that makes me resist the urge to gag.

"Nice to meet you." I lie, faking a smile.

"Last I knew, you were homeless." A man says, clearly her fake father.

"Yeah." A guy pipes up. her fake younger brother, probably.

"I saw you tried to kill yourself yesterday. Too bad he caught you." Another girl says.

"You don't have to be an asshole." Brianna snarls. "Bitch."

"You aren't going to come to our family reunion and insult my daughter." The mother snaps.

"You just insulted your other daughter." Mitchell says. "Right Princess?"

He smirks at her furious expression. "Go mingle." She snaps at Emily, and then the four of them strut off.

Bitch.

Emily clings to my hand and starts to talk to random people who don't seem to care. We all stick together.

"Ew." Some girl says

"Sorry, I don't know why you're saying ew. You don't have a mirror." Brianna says.

The girl lets out a high pitched scream, stomps her foot, and then marches off.

Emily grabs a beer.

__________________

She's completely wasted. She's a giggling mess and she's blurting whatever is on her mind. She grabs her seventh beer. "Em, maybe you should stop."