Chapter 2

I can hear gasps come from every direction. As I scan the room I can see that Emily is laying dead on the floor and everyone is gathering around her. I honestly don't see the point in crying over it, not like she won't come back alive.
So I thought.

In today's society, every person is granted 3 free revivals, anything after three and you gain punishments. Although I do not know- did not know Emily that well, I know enough to gather that she doesn't make many mistakes and especially not mistakes that lead to her death.

As Karen and Amy walk in the direction of Emily's lifeless body I can hear whispers from everyone and every direction. They all seem to be similar, things such as: 'Since when can people die?', 'What happened to her?', and 'Why isn't she being revived?'

Of course, you could think there might be a glitch in the scientists research or something, but I have a gut feeling that something different is taking place. I have heard stories of people that have died and not immediately been revived, but since it's never on the news and there is no big talk about it, I never figured it was true.

I scan my surroundings as everyone pays attention to Emily and Karen. Something immediately catches my eye which is a person in a dark robe that is standing in the corner of the cafeteria paying attention to the scene unfolding before them.

I begin to walk in the direction of that person before someone catches my wrist. "Zoey, why aren't you doing anything helpful? Something is obviously wrong!" I cannot tell who is saying this to me before I turn around and face Ivan. He was my childhood friend but once we entered Middle school something changed. Or maybe he changed. "Who gave you the right to grab me? I'm minding my own business instead of paying attention to something that I obviously can't help with." With that I pull away from his grip and turn around to see the figure from earlier is gone.
******************
Every class that afternoon was canceled, and the children within the school was given time off. Everyone decided to spend their time differently, some would worry about Emily, others would attend the Moon Cafe, while I on the other hand paid a visit to the local library.

Now, now, you must be wondering, "You're from the future and obviously don't need to be enlightened on anything other than the craft prepared for your future." But, I am one to waste my time reading about things from the past, and compare society from what it used to be.

Popular landmarks that are no longer in existence are strangely interesting. Some of these were located in this place called "The Amazon Rainforest." Many might find this place 'boring' but if one was to pay attention to the area this forest was located, and go there today it is so shocking to see what it has become. The Amazon is now a mall with high tech ordering and designing of clothing items and such.

Only now do I realize how long I have been zoned out for. Someone is tapping my shoulder and turning off the screen on the table that i was using to visualize my ideas. I'm shocked at what I see when I turn around.

The figure from school earlier today was the one to tap me on the shoulder. It looks no different than it did before, except for the fact that there are four of them instead of one.
*************************************************
Wow... That's a twist!

Please don't be a silent Reader! Show this book some love or criticism <3

I love you!!