Snow White's Other Fate

Story: Little Snow White

Snow White is still the same lovely girl as before, only this story is her alternate fate

Snow's mother was not a widow. Rather, she simply separated from her husband after the birth of her second child Rose Red. Custody was fought for both girls, and the mother won Red while the father won Snow. He was married to a wicked woman, one only ever obsessed with being the fairest of all the land. She couldn't cope with the fact that her wretched step-daughter turned out only just fairer than herself.

The story goes that Snow was sent out into the woods for a night, a huntsman sent out to kill her. She begged the huntsman to spare her, and she agreed to run deep into the woods and never come back home. He took her offer, sparing her life, and she ran over seven hills before she arrived at a cottage that belonged to seven dwarves. The dwarves let her stay and she was happily their housemaid.

The evil step-mother soon discovered Snow was still alive and set out to kill her not once, not twice, but three times. The third attempt was poison by apple, which only kept her dead for so long. The dwarves put her body in an encased glass coffin, so all could look upon her beauty. She was awakened once again by one of the dwarves accidentally knocking over her coffin, prompting her to cough up the bite of poison apple and bringing her back to life once more.