Chapter 13: Ending

Author's note~ You should listen to the song above while reading this ending. You're welcome :)

~Zac's POV~

~Recap~

"Ava, I don't know if you can hear me but you need to stay with us. You can't leave. I know we've been together for like a couple of days or so but I like you, Ava. I don't want you to go." I held her hand and sat there and looked at her closed eyes. I stood up and sat next to her on the bed. I leaned closer to her so we were about 2 inches away from each other. I looked at her again and kissed her deeply. Then what I didn't think would happen, happened.

~Back to the story~
After a couple of seconds, she kissed me back. I pulled away and looked at her. I looked at her monitor and then back at her and saw a smile crack on her lips. She then opened one eye and then the other and smiled. 

"Ava, why did you do that?" She looked confused.

"Zac? What are you doing at my house?" She asked me. I covered my mouth and held her hand.

"Ava, you're at the..." All of a sudden doctors rushed in. 

"She's awake, oh thank the gods," Said her mother as she walked in behind the doctors. They had a bag of Chinese food in their hands. 

"She remembered me," I said as everyone in the room stopped and looked at me.

"Ava, who is the young man next to you?" Asked the doctor that was looking at the monitor.

"That's Zac, and my mother and father." The doctor looked amazed and then started to ask her a bunch of questions. I stayed for a little bit with her family but I was tired and decided to go home. I hugged Ava before I left and headed home. 

~Couple of weeks later~

~Zac's POV~

Losing ava that day was sad. She died in the hospital that night she came back to life. The doctors don't know what happened. They say her brain filled up with blood and she couldn't handle the pressure. Other's say she died when she hit the ground on the field and came back to life to say the last goodbye. I will never know what happened. I miss her. I never went to homecoming. Her parents decided to move back to their home state because they didn't want to see Hawaii like the way they did. She was buried in a cemetery close to my house so every once in a while I walk to her grave and talk to the stone. 

~Couple of years later~

~Zac's POV~ (suggested song to listen to while reading this paragraph- at the top-)                                                                                       ~I won't give up (Jason Marz)

I walked along the beach with my new girl Kala. She moved from Alaska. She wasn't Ava but she was nice, funny, and cute. All the things Ava was, and I hate that I am with Kala now but I think Ava would understand the situation. Kala doesn't know about Ava and I don't plan on telling her yet. Saige secretly misses Ava and we all do but Saige blames herself for the accident. Walking on the beach next to Kala felt like I was still with Ava. She made me feel I was still Ava and Ava was with me. We looked at each other and kissed. I have found the Ava I was missing. It's in my heart. :)

~Thanks so much for reading my story. :) I am gonna miss this book but I hope you enjoyed :)  Also sorry it's so short I didn't know what to write to finish it off.