Chapter Sixteen

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. We still weren't sure if he is even there, but I don't care, I'll go straight to his house if I have too. There's no way I'm letting this one slide. I need to let all my anger out.

We stop at the receptionist and ask for Daniel's room number. Without a problem, she tells us room 112 and we make our way.

Soon enough we get to his room on the first floor.

I open the door then storm in letting others join behind. They close the door shut once we were inside.

The fire inside me ignited quickly when I see their fucking faces staring at me in surprise, Daniel and Melissa. Daniel is laying on the bed with IVs still attached and Melissa right there by his side sitting on a chair almost drifted asleep.

"Roni, what's going on? I thought visiting hours were over," she said with a frown.

"I'm glad you're here," Daniel said when I stood quiet. His gaze stops at Diablo. "I just don't know what HE is doing here with you."

There's so much anger inside me that I'm left speechless. I just stood there looking at them with so my hatred in my heart. I never thought I could feel so much hate for someone as I'm feeling right now.

Behind me stood Gustavo and I can feel his heavy breathing. He's a ticking bomb right now. It'll set off any minute.

"Veronica," Melissa snaps this time.

"Melissa," my voice came out cold.

Daniel and her frown in confusion.

I look from her to him.

"Daniel," it came out as a sob, tears now spilling.

The expression on his face changed immediately. The guilty look on his face showed that he knew what I found out.

"How could you do this to me?" I said slowly at Melissa.

She was supposed to be my best friend, my rock, my ride or die.

She stands up quickly. "What are you talking about?"

I hold out her phone and raise it in the air for her to see.

"I found out about you and Daniel being fucked buddies!" I roared then throw the phone at her, hitting her stomach.

Expecting her to lunge at me or something, she instead keeps her head down and begins to sob.

"So what? You're not even going to try and deny it!" I screamed as I grew closer to her.

"Veronica let me explain," Daniel takes a hold of my hand, but I easily pull away and slap him across the face.

"You shut the fuck up, Daniel!" I yelled. "I left everything to run with you! I left my family, my friends, and the man I loved to leave with you and for what! So you can fuck my best friend!"

"No, Roni, it wasn't like that. Let me explain!" He begged.

"There's nothing to explain. I don't care! Eventually, I'll forget about you, but you Melissa?" I shot my gaze back at her. "You were like my sister. I trusted you more than anyone and you do this shit? To me? Me? The one who has done so much for you and your fucking kid!"

"Keep him out of this!" She warned.

"Or else what? You're going to kill me just like you did with Gustavo's baby and Daniel's baby too? You kept Gustavo's baby out of the world so you can continue being a slut with who was supposed to be my boyfriend? You're so fucking pathetic!" I snarled.

She looks past me to Gustavo. Her eyes go wide open in complete shock.

"Gustavo, please," she began as she walked towards him, but she was cut short when Gustavo slapped her right across the face making fall to the ground.

Daniel quickly tries to get up, but Diablo was already next to him holding him down.

Melissa crawls to his knees crying hysterically. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Forgive you!" Gustavo spat pushing her off. "You're one dumb bitch to even ask me that."

He raised his hand to hit her once more, but I step in to hold him back. As much as I would want to strangle her, there's no point in wasting any more time with trash.

I gestured to Diablo to take Gustavo out. Once they're gone, I look at both traders.

"Never in your puta vida try talking to me again. Get as far as you can from Phoenix. I might not have the balls to kill you, but next time I won't stop Gustavo from doing so," and with that, I left.

As I said, I could have let Gustavo beat the living shit out of her, shit I would have done it myself, but seeing her on her knees crying made me realize that she's already paying for what she's done. Her conscious will be eating her up with guilt for the rest of her life.

I make it to the parking lot and see a pacing Gustavo back and forth.

When he sees me, he comes directly to me.

"I'm sorry. You know I would never hit a lady," he tells me with tears in his eyes.

"I know," I whispered, holding his face with my hands.

"But she deserved it."

"She did," I take him into a hug. "It's an okay brother I got you."

-

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know your thoughts on this chapter! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Y'all let me know if you want me to continue! :) I thought I would post another chapter for the time I was gone!

NEW STORY (Broken Girl) on FRIDAY!

Make sure to look out for Broken Girl!

It's going to be A Gangster Love Story between a girl and two brothers!

It's going to be good!

Follow me to stay updated!

- J 🥀

Add me on IG: wattpad.devour567

Q:) Your thoughts on Daniel and Melissa?

Comment your answer!
Vote if you liked!

Other stories of mine:
* LARA (ongoing)
* FALLING FOR THE ENEMY (discontinued for now)
* TRAP QUEEN (completed)
* DOWN FOR LIFE (completed)

P.S.: Picture of Veronica's outfit for this chapter above.

Cast: (I will add other characters as they appear)

All Rights Reserved ©️ Any copycats will be reported! Do NOT steal my work or ideas! You will be SUED!

Positive Vibes ONLY!

I write just for fun! I am no professional writer! 🤙🏼