Goodbye Green!

Finally reunited with my Dog-man, I was overjoyed. Unfortunately, I was also exhausted. Merle carried me the whole way home, most of which I spent buried in his shoulder. It was getting a bit dark already, the sky turning purple from my view over my Dog-man's fur. No mysterious blurs zoomed by as we went along our way.

Merle did clip the end of the rope to my wrist band, but I didn't put up a fuss, indifferent to the restraint in my exhaustion. The Dog-man rubbed my back as he carried me home. I still was put fond of the petting, but I let it slide if only because I was glad to have him back.

We made it home much faster than it took us to get to the forest, perhaps half as long. Green walked ahead of us the whole way, even unlocking the door for us when we reached the front porch.

The house was dark when we went inside, Grene flicked the light on behind us after we stepping into the shadowy living room. I expected Merle to put me down when we got inside, but he didn't seem to want to at first. I had to turn away from the Dog-man and point towards the ground before he set me on the floor and let me wander to the couch.

Grene immediately went upstairs, leaving Merle and I alone. Merle followed him upstairs with his gaze before turning back to me. He pricked his ears towards me and said something I didn't understand. I met his gaze and listened, wishing I understood. He walked over to a nearby drawer right next to me and rummaged through it. A clatter of glass and metal came out of the drawer as he moved items aside. I scooted my way across the couch to try and catch of glimpse of its contents. This drawer was normally locked, barring me from investigating its contents.

Once I made it to the drawer, Merle slid the thing closed. I half hoped I wouldn't hear the click of him locking it, but of course the all-knowing Dog-man knew better, latching the thing closed before turning to me. He handed me the little game console form my first few days with him. I had used it since then, but he offered it sparingly. It was a rare treat at this point, and I took it with zeal and happily started on a game while my dog-man started cooking dinner.

Dinner passed by without event, Green came down after a short while and helped Merle cook. Dinner was normal, good food and a tasty drink. Merle and Green talked together throughout the meal, leaving me to eat my food in silence. I listened and tried to glean what I could, but beyond hearing their names and a few human sounding names, I was entirely in the dark.

Once the table had been cleared, Green went back upstairs for a few moments. He returned with the bag he'd arrived with, loaded with what I assumed his clothes. Merle said something to me in his language, ending it with Green's name and an upward tone, like he was asking a question. I still didn't understand, only grasping the situation when Green waved at me as if to say goodbye.

I frowned and looked at Green. I had grown fond of him over the few days I'd known him. While I'd choose Merle any day, he was nice too. I half surprised myself when I got up and walked to Green. He still towered over me, but I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. I was a bit teary eyed, blinking away my tears as he stroked my hair and said something to me.

A loud, strange sound came from outside, making me jump. Green glanced towards the door for a moment, half baring his teeth in annoyance at whatever had made the sound. I stayed and hugged Green for as long as I could, holding on until Merle came and proved me away from the Dog-man, lifting me up to let him go.

I waved good-bye to Green, a gesture, which he returned before slipping out the door. Merle kept holding me after he was gone, saying something and carrying me to my bedroom to prepare me for bed.

Published 9/2/19

If you read the previous chapter, you'll see I have a discord! Role play as dog-men or a pet human, or just chat about the story!