special education

KEN AND BARBIE?!

"Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement," Rachel stood up, trying to grab everyone's attention. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at sectionals."

"Me first." Mr. Shue said, making her sit back down. "Two things: Our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. If we're going to beat them we need to do what they can't: dance. That's why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike's sweet moves in our performance."

Everyone cheered, happy that Mr. Shue was finally noticing that other people in the club were bursting with talent, not just Finn and Rachel. Maggie wished she was chosen, but she knew she wasn't as strong of a dancer as them and that Brittany and Mike deserved it more.

"Wait. They're gonna dance in front of me while I do my solo?" Rachel asked.

"You're not getting a solo this competition, Rachel," Mr. Shue told her as Rachel's smile faded. "I was thinking that the winners of our duet competition would get the lead." He gestured to Quinn and Sam who were cuddled up together in the back row, shy smiles formed on their faces as everyone cheered.

Maggie smiled happily for them, although she couldn't shake the thought that Sam has only been in the club a couple of weeks and was already being picked to perform at a competition whilst other people have been here from the beginning and the most they've done is sway in the back.

"Ken and Barbie?" Rachel shouted angrily, being the only person who wasn't happy that other people were getting the chance to shine. "Are you trying to throw this?"

"Okay, listen." Mr. Shue brought the attention back onto him. "I have talked the talk in here about everyone feeling special in here for over a year now, but I haven't walked the walk. We have got a lot of talent here and I'm gonna highlight it."

Rachel nudged Finn in the arm, silently asking him to speak up for her. "Look, I'm all for pumping up the team and making everyone feel special, but that's just for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game."

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina pointed out.

"This isn't about me, this is about the team." Finn defended himself.

Santana scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You are such a hypocrite."

Maggie's eyes widened, as she remembered the conversation between her and Santana yesterday. The girl was bored of keeping Finns secret and she wanted to tell it. Maggie asked her to not say anything yet and to let Finn tell Rachel himself. But she did agree that it was time for Rachel to find out the truth, she just didn't want her to be hurt by it.